Happy dog walker ....


23rd April 2018 (Monday) .... 08.30    “Happy St George’s Day” to all my
Happy dog walker... and dog.
English friends:  today is the day when you collect dandelion flowers to make wine.    Maggie and I once did this, and the resulting wine was excellent ... and had a kick.    It took a year to reach that stage.   Of course, you don’t need to make wine to enjoy the Dandelion flowers;  I always see them as happy flowers.   This means that Ivy Cottage garden is a ‘happy garden’. 

We have a ‘bright and breezy’ morning;  might be a bit breezy for the bike actually.    I have been down to the beach, which is a happy beach;  we had one dog walker with
East basin - Pittenweem Harbour.
dog (you couldn’t be dog walker without one.   A dog i.e.),    one jogger, with dog, and me.... without a dog, but I did have a camera.    We were all ‘happy’. 

    

19.30     With it being too windy for me being out on the bike (I must get a battery assisted bike) I went up to Gillingshill Nature Reserve, in the car, to have a walk round.    There was a gale o’ wind so I didn’t go up to the high path;  it was getting the full blast of wind.    I know this because I met a lassie walking her dogs, and she had been ‘up top’, and didn’t recommend it.   The buds on the trees will be bursting open soon;   the chestnut trees on Gillingshill are already showing their fresh green.    Chestnut trees are usually the
Pittenweem.
first to burst into leaf;   they’re also the first to show colour change in autumn.    The flowers, especially flowering currant bushes, are alive with bumble bees ... and Queen wasps.    I also noticed this on Balcarres the other evening.    It’s as if nature is making up time, after the elongated winter we’ve had.
   
In the afternoon I decided to go along to Pittenweem Harbour for a walk around;  taking in the Middle and East piers.     I always find Pittenweem Harbour inspiring;  because it is still a working harbour.   I enjoyed my walk out on the piers, but it was cauld.   All harbours are cold places being exposed to winds.    The sun had gone behind clouds by this time, so that didn’t help.    Having said that;   I’m happy with the pictures I got, and will go back; 
West Shore - Pittenweem.
with the Canon, and tripod the next time.

It is going to be windy, and cooler, tomorrow.... much the same weather as we had today in fact.    I might go out on the bike regardless of the wind;  it depends on how strong the wind is, and, more importantly, how strong I feel.      

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....