Balcarres Gardens 'Open Day' .... ....


29th April 2018 (Sunday) .... 07.30   It’s a bonnie morning, but there were
Kinneuchar Loch.
spits and spots of light rain when I first stuck my head out, and a light North easterly breeze.    North easterly breezes tend to ‘clip my wings’, cramping the desire to bumble around.       However the bike is out and the light shower seems to have passed over, so I’ll have a quick cuppa, then go round the villages.   The ‘plan’ is to go to Balcarres in the afternoon.   The kirk service is at 11.00 in Colinsburgh Town Hall this morning;   but I feel in a sun worshiping mood:  the problem with that at the moment ... clouds.



Elie visitors at Balcarres House.
10.00      The earlier light showers seem to have moved away, and we now have decent sunny spells.   There are plenty “dauds o’ cotton wool” clouds coming over from the East, so we could get the odd shower later.    I’ve been down to the harbour and through the Estate, and, although cool, it was pleasant.... especially among the trees on the Estate.
When I was at the harbour a couple of Stand up Paddle  boarders came into the bay from the Beacon area;   in fact they were out walking the dog, which was ‘stood staunin’ on one of the boards.    They were making for the Lighthouse when I last saw them.    I presume they’d ‘launched’ from the Ferry beach.


20.00     Seven months or so ago I changed my e-mail address;   I found out today that Gmail (my new e-mail provider) put my incoming e-mails into different categories, and folders.    This morning I found thirty e-mails in the ‘Social’ folder:  I’ll try to answer (belatedly) those that need an answer.

This afternoon I went to Balcarres Gardens ‘Open’ day;  it was a perfect day for it,
Balcarres House.
though the wind was cool.    Suzanne and Stuart also arrived at Balcarres at the same time, so I wandered in with them.    Being young and fit they were able to go up the Crag;   I photographed my way round the gardens.    At the end of the afternoon I ended up sitting blethering to a ‘Veteran’, with a camera.   He had been in the RAF, and posted to Cyprus.   It was good finding out what is happening out there now.
I had intended having a cuppa at the end of my visit, but there was a long queue, so I had to make do with a mug of the Hutte Finest at Ivy.

One of the messages I found in the  Social Folder’ is a comment from a lady, who now
Balcarres House.
lives in California, but who once lived, with her parents, in the Deil’s Lodge on Balcarres.   It’s a small world indeed.   I have replied via The Hutte ‘Comments’ facility.

It is one tired bunny that will be crawling into his ‘burrow’ tonight, but a happy and contented one.    I don’t have any plan for tomorrow, but the weather forecast is ‘good’, apart from the light wind being Easterly.
Oh ... I nearly forgot:  I went to the kirk service at Colinsburgh this morning.    It was really busy.    I didn't give the hymns laldie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....