Bright and sunny....


5th April 2018 (Thursday) ... 07.30     As per weather forecast, we have a
Elie.....   (This is not an historical photograph.)
perfect ‘out and about’ kind of morning.    There’s a frost, but that will soon shift;   and, yes, I will get the bike out today;   I might even be brave enough to go to the harbour.     That said, passing the Ship Inn can be hazardous, with people bumbling along the middle of the road... and vehicles.    I’m feeling ‘brave’;  but, for some unknown reason, not particularly frisky this morning.   


09.30     I’ve been down to the harbour, on the bike, and it was a pleasurable, if cold on the hands, run.     There’s a brisk breeze (from the West) and it is cool, especially at the harbour.    Largo Law is covered in snow, as is the high ground all around;  that explains the cold air.   It’s warm in the sun ....as long as you're sheltered from the
Elie this morning.
wind;  but, it’s a good drying wind, so my washing will dry.



22.00     I think I could easily become fond of ‘bright and sunny’ weather, like we’ve had today:   we’ve had a complete transformation from what we had yesterday.   Today has been Spring.    I’ve been out on the bike (twice).... and down on the beach in the middle of the day, when the tide was out.    On sunny days I have the urge to do things:  actually we would all benefit from  a decent spell of sunny weather.  
 
Yesterday I was moanin’ about carrying a couple of bags messages, 50 metres up from the Wynd, in the rain.   Today I thought of Alex carrying a bag of golf clubs round the Old Course, for probably 4 hours, in that weather, and decided that I won’t be moanin’ about carrying stuff in the rain again.

This was the third anniversary of the founding of the ‘Drop in Cafe’... hence the move to the Kirk Hall.     There were song sheets on the tables.    Robert would provide the music on the electric piano, and we would  sing a few songs before  and after tea/coffee.    I couldn’t give it ‘laldie’;  but I did enough to earn my cuppa.    It was also Lexie’s birthday so a healthy rendering of ‘Happy Birthday’ resounded round the
Painted stone on the Ferry beach.
Hall.   

Today I met Georgie Vestey’s Mum, at the ‘Drop in Cafe’.    Georgie is a young artist, based in London.    This evening I browsed Georgie’s website;  oh my word her work is ‘out of this world’.    She has been in India recently, and her paintings of India ‘live’.   This lady has an abundance of talent that’s easy to see.    Oh ... I met Georgie when she was painting up at Chapel Green a couple of years ago.

  This evening a migraine kicked in so I’ll bumble orf to bed and sleep that off.    The weather is forecast to be ‘not bad’ tomorrow, but not ‘bright and sunny’.   However I should get the bike out.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....