Dora is happy ....


27th April 2018 (Friday) .... 09.30    The ‘Centre of the Universe’ is the
Elie harbour .... at 07.30.
place to be this morning:   it’s bright and sunny, with only a light breeze, but there is a cold air.     I’ve been round the villages on the bike, spending three quarters of an hour pottering around the harbour.    The tide is out so I was able to get down among the boats.    Funny ... I didn’t notice the cold air, or my sair knee then!    On the way back I bought the paper, spoke to Pat and Dora.    Dora was singing, giving it 'laldie' in fact,  outside the paper shop door.    Dora is a dog .... a happy dog.    Pat was happy too, but she wasn't singing!  Pat isn't a dog.    I’m now going to have a late breakfast.... and read the paper.

    

20.00     I’ve had a ‘happy’ day;   with much chatting.    After breakfast, and reading the paper, I went up to Harbour House to have morning coffee, with ‘the Team’ (Myra , Jim and Geoff);  we chatted about things local’.

Wade House, Elie.... in morning sunlight.
From Harbour House I biked up to Elie Estate, where I met, first George (Harvey), then Alan (Stephen), stopping to blether with both of them.    I was loaded with Information but have forgotten it all.    Both George and Alan were going off to work;   I felt quite tired at the thought of that.    I continued up the estate road to the loch where I took a few photographs;   the sky was full of neat looking clouds.    
After a ‘lite lunch’ I went up to the Hutte for some R and R, and to do a Soduko.   I did not fall asleep.   George (Gordon) came in for a blether and a cup of the finest Hutte ‘Yorkshire Tea’.     George has finally moved into ‘The Mackie Housing’, and is settling in well.    He’s happy.

Last night I watched a programme about English Council Housing, by Michael Portillo.    I like him ‘doing’ different programmes, but I don’t think he did this one awfie well.    It was interesting, but as he was one of the architects of the selling off of Council houses, he came across as biased.    For instance he twice mentioned that none of the Governments in power since the ‘sell off’ had done anything to replace the
Kinneuchar loch.
sold council houses:  he never said that selling off the council houses was an element in today's housing problem.... just that the ones ‘sold off’ should be replaced.    He did say that about 50% of the council houses sold off are now in the hands of private landlords for letting at exorbitant prices... in one area, near London, it is 71%.    One bloke bought his house, in London, for £70,000, and it is now worth over £1,000,000.    He could sell his house for a million pounds, but would then have to find someplace to live....  Scotland where he could buy a house, and still have money in the bank.     This programme was about English Council housing.    The Scottish Government is responsible for council housing here.... and Scotland has always been a more socially aware, and caring nation.   I’m glad that I live in Bonnie Scotland.    It was a programme full of interesting facts, but did nothing to solve the housing crisis in England.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....