Cloudy ....


2nd April 2018 (Monday) .... 09.00    Mmmmm ... we have a change of weather this morning;   cloudy with the threat of ‘something’ later in the fternoon
Interesting clouds.
.   When I was on the beach earlier we could see, I was talking to Carol, showers rattling along the ‘sooth side’,... and the forecast is for us to get a few (showers) later today.     The sky is full of clouds, and, although not the bonniest morning, for walking a beach, I found it interesting.     It is cool, in a brisk NE breeze, so, I don’t think I’ll be getting the bike out.



19.30   The clouds merged together, and it started to rain after lunch.;  it is now dreich evening.   By this time I was ensconced at the computer.    I have loads that I want/need to do, and dull, cold, and now wet, days are perfect for that.   But .... right now, I wish that I’d gone for a longer walk in the morning!    This unsettled weather is frustrating!
I’m working on two ‘projects’ on the computer:   my memories of the different places
Elie Bay this morning.
that I have lived, and a Power Point Presentation.   
My first ‘memory’ is from when I was (about) three and a half years old.    I am using the original photographs taken, when we (the Lawrie Family) were living at the various places, along with more recent photographs taken on visits I have made to the different locations .  The earliest photographs were  taken with a box camera, that my Dad bought (for 1/6d, and a batch of Kellogg’s coupons), in 1937.   The camera is up in the attic.... and I have the original negatives taken with that camera.      I bought my first camera in 1959, when I was in Cyprus.   It is also up in the attic.    From what I recall of my boyhood days;   summers were summers, Spring was spring, Autumn was  autumnal, and winter was wintry;  unlike this general mix up of ‘wet’ seasons we have now.  
Me with 'Darkie' our cat.
That said .... we have had a bit of proper winter this year!  Maybe it’s just me, but I seem to remember having a few weeks of sunny weather in the summertime;  which usually broke with a thunderstorm.    I guess they’d be called “the good old days!”

Out weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow is slightly miserable;  luckily, half of it happens when we’re sleeping.    There’s a yellow warning of snow/rain for our area;   rain/sleet falling as snow on higher ground.   No mention of ‘sunny spells’.    I might have myself a sleep in tomorrow morning.... that might take care of the other half.

The bottom photo would be taken, with the box camera mentioned in the text, in 1941, at Birsebeg, Aboyne.    ‘Darkie’ was killed by the farm terrier when he got caught out in the open;  the terrier was killed when it jumped into a threshing mill after a rat.   Rough just I suppose.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....