Oh dear ... NE wind


10th April 2018 (Tuesday) .... 08.30     Mmmmmmm .... I’d been looking
Elie - yesterday.
forward to going out to play this morning, but there’s a brisk North-easterly wind, its overcast, and it is cold.... and sometimes there are spells of Scotch mist.... not a morning for biking.    Actually I might bike up to buy a paper later, being that I went up in the car earlier, only to find I didn’t have money in my pocket .... gain..    I nearly forgot .... there’s a good chance of light rain in the afternoon.    Sunny spells? .... ... no sunny spells.
   The good news is that the East winds are forecast to veer to the West in about six days;  and, I am feeling playful.   
 

22.30    I have had a sedentary kind of day ..... mostly in front of the computer;   and I did the ironing.    My bike was never out:  it started to rain at 11.00, and it has been raining, at varying intensity, ever since, so any thought of biking was quickly a
Earlsferry -  9 years ago.
bandoned.    I did take the car up for the paper, and had a coffee in Harbour House with Myra, Jim and Geoff. 
  
Yesterday I was sitting in The Hutte watching Blob and Blobette going through a complicated mating ritual;  it all ended when Blob found that his feet were cold,  and jumped on top of Blobette to warm them.    I didn’t see either of them today.... but, in this kind of weather I rarely go out to The Hutte.

Silverburn House, near Leven, is ‘no more’;   having been destroyed by fire today.     It was a bonnie house, and Maggie and I used to exhibit at Craft Fairs in it.    Over the past few years it has fallen into a dilapidated state;  probably due to lack of funding.
Ivy Daffodil.


Jim and I spent our evening chatting about the cinemas that once operated in Kirkcaldy, Leven, and Methil:  I suppose those were the ‘good old days’ of our generation.    Having said that, I’m enjoying living in the present  .... if only we could have a spell of decent weather.   

The weather is not forecast to be much better tomorrow;  the wind is still going to be Easterly, bringing stuff in from the North Sea, so it’s going to be overcast,  with spells of Scotch Mist probably.    The Friendship Lunch will brighten up the middle part of ‘the day’

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....