Windy, wet and colder .....

20th October 2023 (Friday)    08.00 .... Bring on Sunday, when the wind is forecast to veer to the


West ....bringing sunny spells with it!    At the moment it's windy, wet and cold;  a good morning for doing the Coastal Path with a waterproof camera....there will be big rollers thumpin' onto the beach (high tide 06.30).   The wind at present F7-8, should start to moderate after lunch and we should have a quieter night tonight; the rain should begin to slacken off by lunchtime.... I'm thinking positive and looking for a sunny spell later in the afternoon. 

11.00   The wind strength is currently F8 in the middle of the Firth, and, I imagine, not much less on the beach.  I won't go down to find out.   I spotted a short clip (BBC), taken on Elie beach, of a dog walker... and it was wild;  not the dog... the weather!   I think it was taken yesterday.   The Fife Weather cams are starting to show encouraging signs in the sky;  I might go round the villages (in the car) after lunch.  At the moment it's 'morrrrrrrrrning coffee' time .... then back to the drawing board.


16.45    The weather improved in the afternoon, but not up to 'sunny spell' standard; that said any improvement was welcome.  When the rain stopped in the middle of the afternoon I decided to go to the beach.   The wind wasn't a problem on the way down... it was something else at the beach.  I used to wonder how elderly people got blown over;  now I know, as it nearly happened to me.  (Note to me;  must remember to eat more; I need to be heavier).   The beach was quiet(!)... I saw one other person, near the Cockstail rocks.... on the actual beach.   I was sort of in the lee of a beach hut by this time, from where managed to take few photographs to 'play' with.   I was happy to get back into Ivy.

21.00   I see that the next spell of rain has arrived... and is to be with us until tomorrow afternoon.  I don't remember ever having such a long spell of wild, wet and windy weather before.   Never mind, I'm making good progress with a tricky drawing.   I took 'time out' and set off, after lunch, to go to the harbour (in the car) but it was spitting rain by the time I got to Elie so I about turned and came home.

The weather dictates the action 'plan'  for the day:  I won't be going out on the bike tomorrow, unless

there's a quiet spell.   The wind is not going to be as strong as it has been for the past couple of days.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....