Dreich morrrrrrrrrrrrning ....

 25th October 2023 (Wednesday)    08.30.... My word... we have a bleak looking start to


Wednesday;  'light rain' is the weather forecast and 'light rain' we have.   On the positive side, pollution and dust levels should be low.   It is a 'stay in dry and warm' morning; I'll be working in the kitchen.... and drawing.  The sun should start to break through by midday to give us a brighter afternoon. 

11.00    A short update before morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee:  I've been for the paper(s) and down to the harbour  and taken a few 'damp look' photographs for the archive.   I'll peel tautties after the coffee break and make everything ready for a big effort this afternoon;  Cottage Pies for the freezer.

17.00   If the sun broke through it must have been when I was cat napping;  the sky did brighten for a while and the rain stopped, but it has not been a day for going out. Unless you have a dog!   Our doggie pals need their exercise even in the rain.    


I enjoyed my time in the kitchen;  actually I got a surprise when I emptied the mince into the pan... there seemed to be  more than usual.   There was!   I'd picked up two 750gm packs instead of 500gm ones; I promptly slipped into 'slight flap on' mode, thinking that the pan wasn't big enough; but it was, and I ended up with 7 ready meals and tonight's dinner.   I'm content, after a busy afternoon.   I didn't get any drawing done but might do some after this update.... and another cuppa.   

 21.00   We, Kirsty, Myra and I are going to the 19th for lunch tomorrow;  a rearranged date having cancelled last week because of 'flu....and the weather.   Last Thursday was the first day of that horrid spell of wet and windy weather;  I would have been soaked just walking round to the 19th.

The inclement weather prevented the roofers getting anything done next door today;  there's lots of progress happening inside but of course I can't see that.   I hear hammering and all the other sounds  of building progress.

I think the weather is going to be brighter tomorrow so there's a chance of getting out for a wee bit of


exercise.   I wandered down to Christine's today but she was out;  I'd have gone all the way to the beach but the drizzle started again.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....