Light frost ....

23rd October 2023 (Monday)    08.45 .... There's a light frost (car wind screens needing de iced), but it's a

lovely morning and the frost will lift rapidly when the sun gets up.  Convincing myself
 that I want to get out of bed on these dark mornings is not easy...then I think of the kettle!  Anyway I'm vertical, and nearly rarin' to go.... with my second cuppa at hand.   I'll get the bike out later;  there could be icy patches in corners sheltered from the sun.   The clocks change next weekend (29th) making the mornings lighter earlier.    I remember working at Glenrothes in the winters the clocks weren't changed (1968 - 1971): we were just getting used to permanent  BST (British Summer Time) when they stopped it.   It was part of knitting ourselves into Europe.   Now we're  no longer in the EU.... and busy knitting ourselves into the USA way of thinking;  how long before we become the 51st State?

09.30     I have been using 'Well Safe Guardian', (one of the two platforms in the Firth) to get the wind speed in the middle of the Firth; however 'Well Safe Guardian'  moved out of the Firth overnight and is now travelling across the North Sea  towards Norway.
Is the water pressure is low?


12.45    The water pressure is low, and caused by a burst main between St Monans and Pittenweem.   I'd stocked up with water just in case.   Off to put the kettle on. 

16.30   'Slight Flap on' ....I ran out of milk.   After a quick trip up to the 'paper shop', Cornflakes back on for breakfast tomorrow morning.   I came home by way of Balbuthie for a change of scene. The water came back on about 14.30 so all is good in Elie and Earlsferry again.   I haven't been out on the bike, and won't be going out now as I'm thinkin' food thoughts.

20.00    It has been a disorganised kind ' day for me; I've felt lethargic and couldn't get into doing anything productive. Some good catnaps though!   I'm blaming the East wind;  nothing good ever came out of the east.   Our weather forecast for Tuesday is... (2 second delay) ..... 'light rain and moderate Easterly wind'; but the rain will be patchy so we might  miss some of it.  I'm making a batch of freezer ready meals, and drawing, so a busy day tomorrow for 'the boy'.   I might even go shopping.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....