Quiet, damp morning ....

1st October 2023 (Sunday)     08.30.... There’s been some rain overnight,

Leven beach.

and the KY9 forecast is good .... “light rain and a moderate breeze in the morning, then brightening up in the afternoon with decent sunny spells”.   It’s a nice quiet morning and not raining at the moment:  but I’ll go out in the afternoon.

16.45   When I was in Sainsbury’s (Leven) this morning I noticed that more of the manned checkout’s are being replaced by automated ones:  I don’t like that.  I have used the automated ones, but, I like speaking to a real person; it makes shopping more enjoyable.   Even I can’t have a conversation with an alien voice from a speaker (I have tried).  Of course, this is being done so that the supermarkets can keep their prices down!... and has nothing to do with profit:  aye... that’ll be right!  After shopping I went up to Alice’s and caught up with all her news and adventures.


22.30    It has been warm autumn afternoon...and the showers missed us so it has been a really pleasant day.   I went out on the bike....just a turn up to the Pony Field and then to Chapel Green.   At Chapel Green I met a family, from Carlisle, who are staying at Elie for the weekend.   They were saying that they counted 11 dead guillemots washed up on the beach.... most likely ‘bird flu’ casualties.    

The Ryder Cup finished with Europe winning, decisively in the end, though for a while the US of A was threatening to upset the apple cart.... with nail biting golf right to the last few matches.   That’s my daytime TV viewing finished for a while;  it will be ‘back to the drawing board’ for me tomorrow.   Typing the word tomorrow’ reminded me that, according to the latest weather forecast Monday is going to be ‘sunny with a moderate

'Sea Queen' .... Elie skiff.

breeze’.... a perfect drying day!   I should get out early, then charge up the bike battery so that I can go out again in the afternoon.... assuming the weather is as forecast.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....