Bonnie autumn morning.....

2nd October 2023 (Monday)     09.45 .... I love autumn mornings like we have


today;  makes me want to ‘work’.... or maybe even ‘play’.   Anyway I’ve been busy, having hung out a washing, then fell out with the computer.... because it thought it was right when I knew it was wrong (it kept suggesting the wrong address...an Ivy Cottage in Devon).   After a serious conversation I won! ...and the shoes I ordered are coming to the Earlsferry ‘Ivy Cottage’.   

It is a lovely morning, but there’s cooler air than yesterday....and, with a frisky breeze from the Westerly direction, there’s more of it.   I’m going to have morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee.... and a one of Alice's homemade goodies.

16.45    I eventually managed to make ‘Melting Moments’.... except that they don’t melt in the mouth.... so they are just ‘Moments’.   I messed up the ingredient measurements and didn’t have glace cherries .... so a bit of a disaster really.   I washed the dishes then had a cuppa and a couple of ‘Moments’. Funnily enough they taste fine; the next batch should be AOK.    


After the debacle with the MM’s I decided to go out on the bike and had a run up to Kinneuchar;  I’d have liked to go further but the battery was low.   The roads were quiet;  I'd expected  them to be busy with this being the Fife holiday. 


20.00  For some reason I have been organised today (except when in the kitchen);  I sent in my gas and electricity readings....and ordered a new pair of shoes that I’ve been meaning to order for weeks.  The shoes (Clarks) are the same style as I’ve been wearing for 10 years because they’re comfortable;  the only difference being the price:  £100.   When I first bought the style they were £49.99.... that was 10 years ago.

I thought the villages were strangely quiet today.... maybe some of the workmen were on


holiday, meaning less work related noise.  Everything should be back to normal tomorrow.

I had an original copy of ‘The Annals of Colinsburgh’ but it has vanished; so I ordered a copy (modern reprint) a week ago and it was delivered on Saturday.  I have it on the computer (having photographed the original page by page) but it’s easier with the actual book when reading in bed.    I don't have a Kindle.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....