Light rain ....

24th October 2023 (Tuesday)     07.30 ....There's been some light rain overnight; it isn't raining

Late afternoon sky.

now, but it's awfie damp;  the light rain mentioned in our weather forecast, should move away in the afternoon;   we could even have a few sunny spells later.   I plan to go shopping (Leven) in the morning, though that depends on how I feel after breakfast, and how the weather is.  The afternoon is going to be spent in the kitchen.

19.30   The afternoon wasn't spent in the kitchen;  I'd forgotten to defrost the mince;  tomorrow afternoon will be spent in the kitchen.

This morrrrrrrrrrning's shopping mission was successful.... and I enjoyed my morrrrrrrrning coffee with Alice.   We're both shaking off the bug that's doing the rounds so it was good just having a good old natter and laugh.  When in Sainsbury's I bought a cheap pair of earphones so that I can chat on Skype;  one of my speakers has gone on the blink.   Anyway the earphones did the trick and I was able to converse with 'M' in New Zealand again.   I had been using my old laptop, but with Skype it had me tearin' ma' hair oot;  and I don't have that much hair to tear oot.

West Lodge - Balcarres Estate.

21.00    The villages seem to be busy  with families;  I'm thinkin' it must be 'half term' somewhere.  It's good that the villages are alive all the time now, there's always plenty people around to talk to.  Having said that I didn't go out on the bike today and the forecast is for 'light rain and  a moderate Easterly breeze' tomorrow so it looks like being a kitchen/drawing day;  and keeping up, with the News from the Middle East.  I think back, 65 years to my first two months in the office at GHQ MELF, proof reading diplomatic telegrams all to do with Lebanon.   It saddens me to hear, and  read about the evil that started this war on the 7th October; surely it's time for brave politicians to come up with a long term peace plan, that would allow Israelis and Palestinians to live side by side in peace.  My heart bleeds for the innocents....on both sides.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....