Beautiful morning ....

 11th October 2023 (Wednesday)    08.00 ....We have a gorgeous Autumn morning;  the air is cooler (more


where it should be at this time of year), but not as cool as it is forecast to be at the weekend!    I haven't been for the paper yet, but the washing is on the line (it's a good drying day)....and I am feeling much friskier; the after effects of my trips to the attic are wearing off.  I'll go for the paper after this update... and another cuppa (got to keep hydrated... even in the cooler weather).

I was watching a lassie being interviewed on the BBC News last night (I don't remember her name) and she said there are no winners in a war.;  and she is right.  That said the Arms manufacturers and dealers are laughing their way to the bank.... in every war.   (They have much to answer for).  There's too much hatred being stirred up around the world: and we can't un-invent the guns and and bombs... with all the weaponry around the world  we'll probably blunder WWIII.  The human brain should be better than that.

09.30    I've been for the paper  and had breakfast;  my next mission is to The Store in Ainster, then on to Crail to have run around in the car.   Oh her (car) name is 'Myrtle'!


11.30   I enjoyed a browse round The Store this morning... and managed to get everything I wanted, but had to skip the Crail part of the plan, because I bought frozen stuff.   I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning so I'll do Crail after that.

I came home by way of Kellie Castle and Arncroach because I thought it would be quieter:  it was.... but I don't think any of the East Neuk back roads are really quiet now.   I've just remembered that I have to put the bike battery on charge.


15.00   The washing has dried ... and been ironed;  actually I think I deserve a cuppa for all the 'work' I've done!   The bike battery should be nigh on fully charged by now;  I don't intend going out on it again today, but I am thinking of a longer trip in the next day or so;  depending on the weather of course.   Orf to put the kettle 'on'.

20.00    It has been a lovely day;  I enjoyed my run to the Store in 'Myrtle';  she could be a nippy mover,


but I'm getting the hang of her... and can well contain her enthusiasm. .   Tomorrow I am in Ainster (again) .... this time for a dental appointment at 09.20.   It has to be in the morning because I'm too tired in the afternoons.  I might go to Crail then hame by the 'back road to Higham Toll, then Largoward, Balcarres and Colinsburgh.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....