Beautiful, quiet morning ....

 17th October 2023 (Tuesday)     08.45 ....we have one of those quiet autumn mornings;  even the


Jackdaws seem to be enjoying it.  I suppose it's the calm before the wind and rain....if the weather forecast turns out as predicted.  There's a light SW breeze just now (not much wind chill) but the air is cool.  I have the urge to sing; I hope that wears off quickly.  I'd better get the bike out.

19.30   The 'singin' session only lasted as long a a couple o' verses o 'The Buchan Vet'; I gave up before I ended up wi' a sair heid, and decided to go shopping.   I birled along to Sainsbury's (Leven) then up to Methil to have morning coffee with Alice.   We're baith nursin' a cauld just now, so we're lyin' low for a few days.  I'd bought frozen stuff so didn't hang around annoyin' Alice too long (long enough to have a cuppa and a good natter) and was back in Ivy by 11.30.


By the time I'd put the messages away it was lunchtime.   Lunchtime is followed by siesta time so it was about 13.30 before I was back at 'full alert'.   I thought about getting the bike out but didn't;  I had another cuppa and decided to have a wander up to the seat at the 17th green;  and to get a photo of the 'boat'  'flower tub' at the junction with Grange Road.   It is looking really good and I look forward to seeing it 'flowered up'.   It was a nice afternoon so I watched a couple of golfers coming along the 17th fairway, before wandering back home to put the kettle 'on'.

21.00   I've been watching the News from the Middle East: it's heart breaking.  I don't know what 'makes' a terrorist, but it appears that they can get their hands on guns and weapons easy enough.  The thing is; Most Israeli's and Palestinians would be happy to live in peace.... but the chance of that ever happening is remote.   It will take real leadership, diplomacy and courage to sort the Middle East mess out.   Can 'Joe'  (Biden) be that Leader?


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....