Windy (F7 - near gale) and wet ....

19th October 2023 (Thursday)    07.30 ....The wind freshened and the rain arrived about 05.00

and we now have strong winds (F7 - Saipem 3000) and rain.   Not a morning for being out; however dogs (they don't mind a bit o' dampness) will take their owners out for a walk on a dust.....  and pollution free morning.  I won't be going out until sunny spells are back;  I think that will be Sunday.   It's a drawing day.... in fact it's probably a couple o' drawing days.

11.00    It's not a day for being out and about..... so I won't be going beyond the front gate: however, good progress is being made with the pens and pencils so I'm happy.   We (Kirsty, Myra and Alber) were going to the 19th for lunch today but have cancelled, and will go next Thursday instead.  The inclement weather should have moved away by then.

14.00    The wind has moderated a bit in the last hour, and the rain stopped;  the wind is going to freshen later in the afternoon and the rain has started again.... so 'much dampness' around today.   I'm  happily working on the Kinneuchar drawing;  with regular breaks for cuppas and to keep up with the News.

.... not today.

20.00   Well it has been  a wild old day, which I have spent in Ivy.... warm and dry.   Tomorrow is going to be another windy and wet day;  I thinks it's going to be Monday before the sunny spells are back with us.   I'm happy enough drawing;  in fact I've found another old sketch o' Kinneuchar so I might do that one to.   I have a feeling that we are going to have a 'wet spells' winter.

21.30   I'm fond of sunny spells.... a bright spell or two tomorrow would be very welcome.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....