Back in action....

 6th October 2023 (Friday)    15.30.... Iain arrived just after 10.00;  I put the kettle on, and Iain


began to set up the new laptop.   After the laptop was organised and we had enjoyed a cuppa, we set off for Noble's scrapyard (Kirkcaldy).   The roads were busy, especially at the end of the Standin' Stane road, and the big roundabout.   Anyway we got 'SPO7K' booked in to 'car heaven', then drove back to Mercury Motors to pick up my 'new' ('new' for me) car.    You won't miss it.... it's a bright red Fiesta that has been well looked after (up till now) with tinted rear windows.   I was bit worried about the tinted glass affecting the view in the rear view mirror, but it doesn't.   We took 'her' up to Colinsburgh Filling Station and filled her up (petrol); she is now ready to go.  Everything is much tighter... and less noisy;  I'll go for a run tomorrow to get the hang of driving her.   Iain finished setting up the computer while I warmed up lunch.   

Iain left for home (Auchnagatt) about an hour ago and I am trying to get used to the new laptop.   That will probably take me longer than getting used to the car.


18.30   I should be back to normal tomorrow.... after what has been a busy and exciting day.   The sad bit was taking the old car to the scrap yard but that was made up by sitting in the 'new' car at Mercury Motors;  then driving her home.   I have to admit that I was in state of 'big Flap on' for most of the past few days.  The intention now is relax;   tomorrow I shall visit Alice.

20.00    I've just seen the weather forecast;  we're in for serious rain tomorrow.... I was looking for sunshine!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....