Nice morning ....

 16th October 2023 (Monday)    08.30 ....it's a bonnie start to Monday and should be warm,


(sheltered from the light SW breeze), once the sun gets going.   I haven't been further than the front gate so far; but I might get the bike out in the afternoon, if the air is pleasantly warm. The main 'plan' is to stay in and warm, so it will be (mostly) a drawing day.  I hear the workmen working on the roof next door.... so I have company if I feel lonely.

20.00   My drawing project made good progress today;  almost as much, as the workmen on the roof of the Earl's Lodge extension.   Once the roof is done the scaffolding, in the back garden, will be no longer required; although they might need the scaffolding that's on the high gable.  I'll be glad to get rid of it (the scaffolding) as it's right in my face whenever I go out o' the back door.

After lunch I decided to go up to Balcarres (in the car) to see how the autumn colours are coming on:  it will be another week or two before the trees look really colourful.   I had a short walk round the Woodland Walk at the bottom of the crag;  it's a relaxing place so I had some photos to 'play' with when I got back to Ivy.


   In fact I had a cuppa, then went down to the harbour, on the bike, to get a few 'Crane Out' photos to add to today's tally.   As you would expect on 'Crane Out' day, the harbour area was busy ...and;  this did surprise me.... the beach was also busy.  And it was not warm.   I think this must be some kind o' school holidays as there seemed to be a lot of families about.  I didn't hang around at the harbour because it was not 'iggzactly' warm.... and I was well wrapped up.




21.30    I've had a good day with the pens today.... the kirk tower has been inked in and that was a tricky job:  the whole kirk area of the drawing should be done tomorrow.   Then again I might get diverted.  The weather is forecast to be 'good' tomorrow; Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are to be

breezy!.... with spells of rain. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....