Wild morning ....


Elie .... 10 minutes before sunrise.
21st November 2018 (Wednesday) .... 07.30    We’ve had a wild night;
windy with heavy squally rain showers.   Not a morning for the beach.   The showers are coming in on a strong east wind  (F4-5) so there’s wind chill.    It looks like there might be a bonnie sunrise, but I’m not going to the beach to get it.... but I might go to the harbour in the car and look for a spot out of the wind and rain.

08.30   It was blowin' a hoolie down at the harbour but, I moored up in the lea of the granary, and managed to get a few early morning photos.    Elie was under one heavy cloud at the time, but the worst of the shower had passed over the harbour.     The 'light' was interesting... though on the dark side;  this was about 10 minutes before sunrise time (08.02)    I upped the ISO to compensate.    There could be some interesting clouds later.    Sunrise happened behind heavy, low cloud.

Bottom of 'Park Place' - Elie.
12.30     I went for the papers at ‘coffee morning’ time the intention being to go to Crail afterwards, but the sky was full of clouds.... grey and uninteresting ones so I came home.    The new tele is operational.... including the Wii fit machine.   The hardest thing was getting the stand fitted.     The screen is slightly bigger and has a clearer picture, so  I’m going to plug in a Memory stick and see how my photographs look on it.   There’s a chance that I might go out in the car later in the afternoon... at the moment the sky is ....well grey.... and it’s raining. 

   16.30    The day is ending slightly quieter than it began... and dryer.   We’ve had a lot of wild showers today;  one them was a mix of hail and rain.   The sky has cleared, and
Elie kirk in late afternoon sunlight.
the wind moderated, in the past hour so we could have a cold night.    Frost is forecast inland;  that’s Kinneuchar!

I went out in the afternoon, but only as far as Elie, and got a few photographs of the kirk.   I’d have gone in for a coffee but I had no money on me.... having grabbed the first jacket I saw before leaving Ivy.


19.30      My photographs come up well on the tele.... in fact I’m amazed at how sharp they look .... and the colours are spot on.    I’ll need to fill up an 8g stick with mixed subjects:  there’s plenty to choose from and it will give me something to do ... and look at ... on a wet day.

The ink ran out on my printer today;  halfway though a print out of course.. and I went
One of my photos on the new tele.
online to order new Epson inks:  £35 for a set of four (small size).    The printer cost £29.99 and had a set in it.   Instead of buying inks I felt like buying a new printer.     In the end I ordered a set of compatible inks (big size) for £27.    I don’t suppose photographs will last as long as an Epson ink print will .... but I don’t print out photographs very often.


I’m picking up Jim and Myra from Markinch Station tomorrow afternoon;  I hope they missed this wild weather.    Tomorrow is forecast to be ‘light rain showers on a gentle breeze’. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....