Not a morning for wearing the kilt ....


17th November 2018 (Saturday) .... 07.00    There’s an East wind
Slightly grey start to the morning.
bringing low cloud, and cauldness, in from the North Sea;  this could have some bearing on whether I finish cleaning the windows today, as said wind blows up Ferry Road.    Although it’s still dark,  I’ve been out and ‘stuck ma heid oot ower the gate’... this is definitely not a healthy wind;  not for this delicate boy anyway.    Methinks I’d better put the kettle ‘on’.



08.30    I’ve been to the beach and can tell you that it is really breezy down there .... and cold;   which is maybe why I had the beach to myself.    At least it is dry.... and we could get some sunny spells later.    Yep .... I’m going to put the kettle ‘on’ .... again.  


Balcarres.
15.30     We had the ‘Children First’ Coffee Morning in the Kirk Hall this morning which brightened up the day;  that said it  (the coffee morning) was quieter than I expected it to be.   I bought some Home Baking, had two cups of coffee, and ate mince pie.... oh and a piece of shortbread.     I came home by way of Balbuthie Loan but didn’t stop to take any photos .... everything was looking dull.... especially the sky.
I haven’t done any ‘work’ at all today... apart from feed ‘Blob and Co’;   and clean the inside of the kitchen windows.    After a very ‘lite bite’ lunch I went up to Balcarres (in the car) to have a walk about out of the wind.    Walking about was successful enough .... getting away from the wind wasn’t.    Now I’m wondering if I should go for a quick walk to the beach before battening the Ivy hatches.    Yes .... I think I will..... then watch the rugby.


20.00     The beach was fairly busy;  much busier than I expected it to be on a breezy
Sunset time.
and cool afternoon;  there must be a few visitors here.    I enjoyed the short walk but was glad to get back home to batten down the hatches.   I’ve been feeling sluggish all day and was well ready for a lazy evening in front of the tele.  The weather is forecast to be brighter tomorrow:  I don’t have a ‘plan’ .... but I might finish cleaning the windows.



21.30      I’m absolutely shattered... and ...nae wonder I’ve got sair knees;  I’ve been watching Ireland play New Zealand,.... tackling every tackle,  runnin’ wi the ball ... the works.    Ireland won... 16 – 9... and deserved to win;   they played ... well ... like you’d have expected the ‘All Blacks’ to have played.    They were stupendous.    Yes .... I’m a tired bunny tonight!     Fair cheered me up after Scotland losing to South Africa 20 – 26.   South Africa play tough rugby.... brutal a times.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....