St Andrews Day ... and it's raining


30th November 2018  (St Andrews Day)  ..... 07.30    and it’s
A sunny spell!
raining, but it’s going to be brighter in a wee while.   It has to be .... I’ve got a washing in the machine.   I suppose with this being St Andrews Day we should do some kind of ritual thing but the weather is not amenable to rituals;  well not the jumpin' aboot roond a tree kind.    I’ll have a cuppa.


09.00    The weather is not amenable to rituals?.... it’s not amenable to hanging washing out either... nor going to the beach.    We have heavy rain at the moment.... but the forecast is for sunny spells and showers by midday.  


St Andrews flag.
14.00    We have had a couple of brighter spells;  I  wouldn’t call them sunny spells;  but we have had a number of the heavy rain showers.   The washing is hanging in front of a radiator.... and I am having another ‘lazy’ day in front of the computer.    Oh .... I’ve been for the paper, and enjoyed morning coffee and a blether, but I’m frustrated by the weather:  I want to potter in the garden, but   there certainly won’t be much of that done today.   I’ll make myself another cuppa and update another bit of the Chainwalk page.


19.30    It’s been a blustery old day... and we’ve had some fairly interesting clouds;   mostly accompanied by heavy rain unfortunately.   I did go out in the car in the middle of the afternoon, but of my time has been spent  on the computer.     Saturday’s weather is forecast to be slightly better. 
 
This could have been a wearisome kind of day, but re-writing the Chainwalk page had
Late afternoon sky.
me doing the ‘walk’ all over again.    I have hundreds of photographs of the ‘Troops’ on the Chainwalk, and I’ll be using some of them (photographs) to illustrate the page.    The ‘Troops’ have changed since the photographs were taken, but the ‘walk’ has not.     I also fired up the laptop to do updates that it must need;  and to charge the battery.   Hey .... I’ve been busy;  suddenly I feel tired!   Oh ... I need a cuppa to help me recover.

The wind is still rattling the windows, but that’s supposed to moderate overnight.... as is the rain.    The ‘plan’ is to visit ‘The Boss’ at some point tomorrow to get myself some instructions....  and have a walk around the Chapel Green area.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....