Another cracker o' a sunrise ....


9th November 2018 (Friday) ....  08.45   Ye Gods ... there was a gale o’
35 minutes before sunrise.
wind on the beach... so not ‘iggzactly’ warm;  but the sky.... oh my word the sky was stunning.    I’d checked the Fife weather cams and decided to go down 40 minutes before sunrise (the Aberdour can points to the east) because everything looked set for a bonnie sunrise.    The temperature was 7c .... but the wind chill meant it was nearer 3c on the beach.   I wrapped up.    From the first photo I took, 35 minutes before sunrise, right through to sunrise (235 photographs later), the sky was ever changing,.... in all directions.    Being windy I took more than usual to allow for more OOF ones.   57 were out of focus, and have been ‘dumped’.
   I’m a happy, if slightly cauld bunny.... and looking forward to morning coffee in Harbour House.

21.00    We had a nice long ‘morning coffee’ chat in ‘HH’, with a cheese scone:  Breda’s cheese scones are the ‘melt in the mouth’ kind;  unlike mine which aren’t.    My cheese scones are solid.    Completely inedible .... but built to last.    In other words, apart from the occupational therapy when making them, they are useless.    I might have another go next week.

Elie War Memorial.
When I got back, from ‘Harbour House’, I set about mounting the Canon on its tripod so that I could go along tonight and get a photo of the floodlit, Elie War Memorial.     Although Elie and Earlsferry were independent of each other in 1921 when the War Memorial was unveiled (the villages eventually united under, one Town Council in 1929), the Fallen of both villages are commemorated on the Elie War Memorial.    Earlsferry does have a Memorial, dedicated to the Fallen of the Royal Burgh, inside the Town Hall.   Anyway I got the camera and tripod united .... then had to have ‘50’.    I must have been really needing a kip;  Jim phoned about 20 minutes after I went to lie down and I never heard the phone;   and it was only a couple of feet away from my head.    I’m thinkin’ I might be needing to have my lugs power washed.

Jim phoned after I’d surfaced and I went up to “No 3” to have coffee with Jim and
Harbour House.
Myra and to pick up some maps that I need to photograph.     I had an enjoyable blether and a tasty coffee before heading back to Ivy to set up a sausage casserole.   That didn’t take long, but, by the time I’d got it into the oven it was dark, so I ‘jamp’ in the car and went up to Elie to check what settings I needed to take photos of the War Memorial.... the plan being to go back with the camera attached to the tripod later in the evening.    Which I did.    Strangely enough the chosen setting worked perfectly, and I am happy with the result.    I got back to Ivy just as spits and spots of light rain began to hit the windscreen.    Apparently we are in for a wet and windy night.     Oh .... I am also happy with the sausage casserole;  it is very tasty.

Well .... I’d say that I have had a very satisfying day.   And it looks like I could have another one tomorrow.... we have a Coffee Morning in the Kirk Hall;  with Home Baking.    My ‘plan’ is to be there! 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....