Dour looking morning ....


19th November 2018 (Monday) .... 07.30  A light easterly breeze  has
The Inverness train coming in to Markinch Station.
brought in a lot of cloud from the North Sea .... we have a grey, and not very exciting looking morning.    Not a morning for pottering about on the beach waiting for the sun to rise... at 07.58.   The sun is above the horizon for exactly 8 hours today... it sets at 15.58.  Hopefully we should get a few ‘sunny spells’ over the eight hours.



18.00   My first mission this morning (actually it was my only ‘mission’, today hasn’t been a day for ‘missions’)  was taking Jim and Myra to Markinch Station to get the Inverness train;  they are going to Blair Atholl for a short break.    I expected the Inverness train to be a long one;   it consisted of three cars ... (or coaches)... ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’.   Normally there would have been another 3 coaches, ‘D’, ‘E’ and ‘F’, but this must be a quiet day, and they weren’t needed.   Which was a bit unfortunate for Myra and Jim cos’ their seats were on coach ‘F’.   However there appeared to be
Jim (and Myra) on the train.
plenty of empty seats.

I had intended taking a few photographs of Markinch but it was not the kind of day to do that;  so I went to Sainsbury’s and bought some Emergency Rations;  and had a coffee in the Cafe.   On the way home I ended up travelling behind a car doing 20 – 25 mph...... this was just outside Upper Largo.     I did think of overtaking, but that is not a manoeuvre that I do very often, and the opporchancity didn’t arise, so I bumbled along:  until we got to the temporary  traffic lights at Broomlees.    They were at ‘Red’, so I slowed down and stopped;  but not my pal (I looked on him as a friend by this time) who didn’t even see them, and wandered straight through....  on ‘very definitely red’.   Luckily there wasn’t anything coming the other way and he got away with it.   I hope he got to where he wanted to be, unscathed, ... and enjoyed  the rest of the day.
 In the afternoon I thought I detected a pale bit in the general greyness so I went down to the harbour ... in the car.    The ‘sunny spell’.... unfortunately, there was only one,
Distant 'sunny spell'.
and it was at the other side on the Firth;   brightening up North Berwick.   It didn’t make Elie Harbour feel any warmer... so I didn’t linger, and went back to Ivy, where I moored up the car, battened the hatches ... and switched the kettle ‘on’.



Tomorrows weather forecast is not exciting;   much the same as today’s was, but windier and more chance of light rain, and fewer‘sunny spells’.   It will be hard to have 'fewer sunny spells' than we had today .... we didn’t have any!     We have ‘light rain’ just now.  I saw this when making yet another cup o’ tea a few minutes ago.     I’m thinkin’ that tomorrow morning might be a good morning for this boy to have a sleep in.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....