Damp ...


23rd November 2018 (Friday) .... 08.00   Right now I’m in the mood to
Looking west from the East Links.
go to the beach;  but the weather is not cooperating as we have an overcast sky with light rain, but there is a glimmer of hope;   there are pale patches in the cloud, so, we could get a few sunny spells.   One would do;  and if that one sunny spell lasted until 15.50 that would be excellent.    And a shock to the system!


14.00     The weather is not too bad, considering the time of year:  the most obvious component being the temperature.   It is cold.... mostly because of the wind chill and the damp air.    The ‘damp air’ can be very damp when we catch one of the many showers that rattle across us.    I went for the paper, then had a, relaxing,  morning coffee in Harbour House, before going out to the East links for a walk.   Out there I became aware of the temperature.... and the changes in the wetness of the air.... however I enjoyed the walk.
  
Elie lighthouse.

20.00     I watched the Prime Minister not answering questions from the public today;  she was disappointing.    I (stupid me) expected her answer to the questions, but she was a typical politician all the way through.    It was a waste of time anyone phoning in.    And we’re going to get a few more weeks of this being “the best deal for the United Kingdom”: .... she never did say what the alternative would be if she doesn’t get this through Parliament.   It was a waste of 20 minutes guid sleeping time.   When we do leave the EU, I’m beginning to wonder how long it will be before the UK applies to rejoin the EU.   And what the total cost of leaving .... and rejoining will be! 
  
The wind moderated in the afternoon so I went down to the beach:  and found it, surprisingly busy.     This was at sunset time:  cloud obscured the setting, but we had
Late afternoon.
an interesting sky, full of interesting clouds.     With the wind having moderated it felt considerably warmer on the beach than it did on the East Links this morning.

Oh .... I had an interesting letter in the post this morning;   a call for jury service at Dundee Sheriff Court.    As I’m over 71 (just), I am applying to be excused.    I don’t doubt it would be interesting, but I did jury service 30 years ago, in Perth,.... we spent nigh on two days watching the case prior to the one we were supposed to be on, when ‘our culprits’ plead guilty.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....