Breezy with showers around ....


12th November 2018 (Monday) .... 08.30    Hmmmm .... it is bright and
Heavy shower clouds on the South side.
breezy, with heavy shower clouds on all horizons;  the question is, do I wash the new sheets?    It is a good drying day .... if we don’t catch a shower.    I’ll contemplate that over breakfast.    Showers are mentioned in the weather forecast;  I won’t do the sheets today, there’s a slightly better forecast for tomorrow..
It’s a braw morning for the beach ;  and Carol and I had the whole beach to ourselves.    The sunrise sky was bonnie... subtle at first, but blindingly orange after the sun was above the horizon. 

.... and towards the East.
The Peter Jackson film ‘They shall not grow old’, made from re-mastered original footage of the Great War and coloured is brilliant.  I watched it last night and  it is, indisputably, the nearest to what I imagine life in the trenches must have really been like.    Peter Jackson is a perfectionist and it shows in this film.  


19.30     When I went for the paper this morning I intended joining Jim and Myra for morning coffee;  this has to be in the ‘Deli Coffee Shop’ on a Monday and Tuesday as Harbour House is closed on those days.    I decided to move the car along to road a bit, couldn’t find a parking spot so thought I’d come back and moor up across from the kirk.    Not to be ..... when this car is pointing to the harbour, we go to the harbour:  .... and promptly forget about coffee.    So ... no coffee this morning;  which is maybe just as well because I caught up with some ‘ousework.... and got the exercise bike set up in the Hutte.

Dod was out on his bike in the afternoon and came in for a cuppa.  We sorted out the
Earlsferry at sunset.
world ... again.    He (Dod) didn’t have lights on his bike,  so left just as the sun was setting.     I noticed that the sky was colourful, which is good;  it means that I will get my sheets washed tomorrow.    In fact I could have done them today as we only caught the edge of a shower and it didn’t last long.    Tomorrow is forecast to be drier than today;   which, if it turns out so, will be both excellent.... and surprising.    In the meantime I’m going to turn up the heating; and make myself a cuppa.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....