Loads of fresh air, but overcast ....


13th November 2018 (Tuesday) .... 08.30    Hmmmm .... it’s a bit more
The sun is rising.... behind the low cloudbank.
overcast than I  thought it would be, but the forecast is good and it should be a good drying day;  so the sheets are going through the machine as I type.   
I saw on the Fife Weather cams that sunrise was going to happen behind low clouds so I went down to the harbour for a change of scene.      It was, as you’d expect at this time of year, very quiet... and with the sky being overcast, er had a typical November look to the view.    It was bonnie in a November sort of way.... with plenty fresh, Elie Harbour, air.  

09.00      We have "bright sunny, braw drying breeze with sheets dangling on the washing line day".    I am a happy boy.... who is looking forward to morning coffee.

West Shore - Pittenweem.
15.00    My word .... I’ve had a hectic (by my standards) morning.     As per normal ‘plan’ I went up to Elie for the papers, handed my prescription in,  dropped a letter off for Graham, then decided to go for a run along to the braes at Pittenweem.    On my way back from Pittenweem I saw what I thought was a  cardboard box in the road, so straddled it with the car:  it was no cardboard box.    It was a block of sandstone off an insecure load.    I tried the brakes and steering, and it appeared that no damage had been done under the car.    However I then decided;  and Dod is really, really, going to like this next bit .... I decided to take the car to the garage in Leven to have it checked properly.    Which I did;  and I’m happy to say that everything was fine.    I’d been worried about the brake pipes etc.   To celebrate I took the car through the car wash then went to Sainsbury’s.    It was about now that I remembered that I was going to phone Dod the next time I was going to Leven!
The car wash.



The sheets dried in ‘nae time’ and have been ironed!    Wellll ... the flat sheet has been ironed,... the one with the elastic roond the edges has been .... ? ... sort of ironed.    I ‘Googled’ “How to iron fitted sheets” and it can be done.... and some folk make it look easy;  but it was all too complicated for ‘this boy’.

 19.00    We’ve had a lovely day... regrettably tomorrow is not going to be ‘lovely’.     It is to be overcast with rain, of varying intensities, throughout most of the daylight hours.    I might hibernate .... after morning coffee at Harbour House.    Jim is coming down tonight.... the ‘plan’ to do some map reading.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....