Brisk wind ... and slightly warmer


28th November 2018 (Wednesday) .... 07.30    "Strong winds with light
Bonnie....  in a wild sort of way.
showers, the odd sunny spell, with heavier showers later" that’s the weather forecast for today;  more rain... nothing new there then.    Though windier the air feels warmer:  no.. not ‘warmer’.... just slightly less cold.   The brisk wind is adding wind chill.     Funny thing is the clouds are coming from the southwest, but the wind, at ground level, from the southeast.



09.00    I’ve been on the beach, and it is breezy;  F4 – 5 from the SE, but not desperately cold, though you have to be well wrapped up.    There was the odd spit of rain in the wind, but not enough to put the camera away.... though rain isn’t far away by the look of the sky.    I think this will be a ‘computer day’ for this boy.

The Ferry beach.

19.30     It was the Colinsburgh ‘Lite Lunch’ today;  and there was a really good  attendance.   The next one, the Christmas one, is on the 17th December .... mustn’t forget that one.   There’ll be mistletoe .... oh.... and food!
We’ve had a wild day today.... though it hasn’t rained all the time.   It is raining now;  it’s windy and wet.   Tomorrow is forecast to be wilder... and wetter, mostly up the west coast.

I’ve been a lazy boy today;   my only activities being to go out for morning coffee in Harbour House, and that was quickly followed by the ‘Colinsburgh Lite Lunch’.    I did have a couple of games of bowls, and golf, but I think the weather dampened my enthusiasm for doing much.    I did settle down to watch the ‘News’ on the tele but that
'The Smiddy' - Colinsburgh.
had me falling asleep in ‘nae time’.   It (the News) was all about the likely cost of leaving the EU;  not very cheerful ‘News’, especially so on a day like we’ve had.    To top it all the Prime Minister paid Scotland a flying visit to spread her ‘ spiel about the Deal’.    And I thought the weather was depressing?

I’ going to print off a few pictures for the ‘Cafe’ tomorrow:  I had planned to go to Kirkcaldy, but if the weather turns out as bad as is forecast I will probably leave that mission until Friday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....