Cracker of a morning ....


2nd November 2018 (Friday) ....    08.00   we have a cracker of a
Elie Bay.
morning at the Centre of the Universe:  there’s a light frost, but that won’t last long once the sun gets going.   It looks like being a bonnie day for doing things.... like work around Ivy.   Then again it’s also a bonnie day for doing other things.... like not working around Ivy.    What should I do?    I’ll have breakfast and contemplate the complicated situation that I am faced with.... and the decision I have to make.



16.00     When it comes to contemplating, .... and making decisions, I’m a real bundle of energy;  I decided that this was going to be a ‘going out to play’ day.    After morning coffee (at Harbour House), and with it being such a beautiful morning,  I ‘jamp’ in the car and went to Crail Harbour to have a quiet daunder out on the south pier.   I couldn’t go out on that pier because workmen were busy removing scaffolding;  scaffolding that has been in place while they did stuff on the outside of the pier wall.   
Crail creels.
That didn’t stop me enjoying a potter around the harbour.       Usually I’m at Crail in the afternoon, so late morning was ‘different’ for me.   One of the local creel boats came in to unload its catch, and there were a few visitors strolling around on what was a gorgeous morning.     I came home via the ‘back roads’.

I don’t remember what I had for lunch, but I do remember being hungry and having something:  oh aye .... salmon sandwiches.    After that I looked at, and printed off,  Jim’s “Coal Mining in Earlsferry and Elie”.    Our local ‘industrial’ past makes interesting reading.... and  Jim’s background, and knowledge of the mining industry, brings our  contribution to the coal ‘industry’ to life.    By the time I had done this, the sky has gone all overcast, and there’s an ominous rawness in the
Crail.
air.     And .... I’m hungry again!



19.00    I’ve just been out to check the car, and, although not raining yet, it feels like it isn’t far away.    Saturday is forecast to be ‘wet and windy’;   a good day for working around Ivy;  I’m glad that today was a ‘play’ day.    With the forecast being iffy  I will, probably, work on ‘computer stuff’.    I fact I might start my day with a ‘sleep in’.   Oh the sautie water got rid of the sore throat.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....