Quiet morning .... but damp


22nd November 2018 (Thursday)    07.00 ..... the air is cool, but there’s
Folk on top of Lundar Law - Earlsferry.
only a breath of wind so hardly any wind chill, with only a few spits and spots of rain, so, compared to yesterday we have a lovely start to the ‘day:  I might go to the beach to see what yesterdays sea brought in if the rain doesn’t come to anything.    Having said that the weather forecast has us down for ‘overcast with an easterly breeze,  and light rain or drizzle’..... not exactly inspiring.


07.30    The weather has deteriorated to ‘heavy Scotch Mist and dreich’ in the last half hour .... my walk to the beach has been cancelled, and the kettle switch is in the ‘on’ position!    Half an hour ago I thought we had the start of a ‘lovely’ day;  right now we don’t have an interesting sky, which we did have yesterday.   Our weather is sneaky.... and mostly wet.

London - Aberdeen train (LNER) going through Markinch.
14.00    I’m ready to go to Markinch to pick up Jim and Myra, but I have to drop in to the ‘Drop in Cafe’ first, to drop off Lexie’s photos and a couple for the wall.   Actually there’s only one and a half for the wall;  the printer ran out of ink halfway through the second one!   I won’t have time for a cuppa at the ‘cafe’;  I’ll have one now (in Ivy).... before I set orf.


19.00 Jim and Myra are ensconced in “No3” again after their breakaway in Skye.... via Blair Atholl.   When in Skye they were bathed in glorious sunshine... though it was cold.    Of course I told them all about the lovely clouds that they had missed when they were away.    They didn’t seem to be overly bothered by missing our lovely clouds?    Their train arrived at Markinch one minute ahead of schedule.   It was raining.   It’s been raining, at varying intensities, (and dismal) for most of the day!


The ‘Cafe’ was quiet when I was in, but that was early... and I couldn’t stay long.   The
Jim and Myra exiting the train at Markinch.
weather was dreich at that time.  In fact I had the windscreen wipers flapping around all the way to Markinch .... and back.    And tomorrow looks like being damp too.   ‘Bonnie Scotland’ is not bothered with dust storms; another good reason for visiting us.    I think I’ll have a ‘sleep in’ tomorrow morning!    Mmmmm .... it could be a good day to start making my Christmas cards.   But .... you never know we might get a sunny spell.   I won't put the sunbloc on standby!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....