Peaceful morning ....


10th November 2018 (Saturday) ....09.00   The beach was busy with
Elie Bay sunrise.
joggers, dogs walking their owners... and folk just enjoying the fresh morning air... on what is a quieter morning, the wind having moderated overnight.    Sunrise was also quieter with more subtle, and peaceful colours;   I have a washing going through the machine .... so it can’t/won’t rain!
   
I’d best get organised for the Coffee Morning;  I’ll start by having breakfast.


16.00     I’m just in from a run up to, and through Balcarres Estate.    I don’t think I’ve ever seen the estate so busy;  horses (and riders) in fields, all over the place.   I didn’t tarry, though I did stop to take a few photographs of the Woodland walk.   The horses were up at the top of the estate, .... Balniel and Lathallan.
The Coffee Morning in the kirk hall was enjoyable, but quiet at first;   that’s probably because I was there by 10.00 .... before all the goodies disappeared.      Jim was feeling ‘under the weather’ so decided to stay in the house.    There was plenty of coffee/tea
Peaceful scene near Kinneuchar.
being served by our lovely waitresses, and the tables were well supplied with scones and biccies... the empty plates being topped up regularly.   Empty plates?




   
19.30    The sky clouded over from lunch time and it’s now raining.... though not heavily.   The weather forecast for tomorrow, Armistice  Day, is for us to have sunny spells, with the chance of a shower later .... there’s going to be a cool SE breeze.    It should be fine for 11.00. when the wreath lay ceremony takes place at Elie war Memorial, followed by the Service in the Kirk.    I will be thinking of my mother’s Uncle Fred (my Grand Uncle) who was killed in April 1918;  every family, of all nationalities that fought in WW1 will have someone to remember.  The signing of the Armistice stopped the shooting and shooting but it didn’t
Balbuthie Road.
take away the suffering, mental and physical, for those that survived the horrors and  trenches of WW1:   nor the suffering of the families that were struggling to nurse a loved one back to health.   Some of the facial injuries were so horrific that masks were used, to conceal the destroyed faces.   Yes we will remember them.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....