Feeling productive ....


18th November 2018 (Sunday) ....    09.00   The beach was busy this
Elie Bay with the sun peeping over the clouds.
morning.... mostly with dogs walking their owners: on what is a bonnie morning for walking... ‘bright and breezy’.   There are big, friendly, cotton wool type clouds scuttling over, and they blot the sun now and again but there are loads of ‘sunny spells’.   Yes a bonnie day for doing things.   I might even do something.




12.00    At last .... I’ve made edible Cheese scones.    The ‘plan’ ... er recipe ... I used this time was out of one of Maggie’s auld Rural books;  and I reverted to the New Zealand way of  dolloping the mix straight  on to the baking tray.   We never saw a round scone in any of the New Zealand Cafes we were in.   The advantage for me was that I didn’t get clairit’ up tae the eye balls rolling out the dough.... and I  usually roll it out too thin.   They could be tastier:  but we are used to Brenda’s Harbour House Cheese Scones, and  Harbour House scones are of the ‘melt in the mouth’ kind.    Mine
Elie beach this morning at sunrise time.
are ... well... edible!


I’ve been working with cheese... and nibbling;  and cheese is one of my main migraine triggers.   Guess what?    I’m having a migraine.   That’ll be me for the remainder of the day.   And .... I’ve just eaten a cheese scone!   You’d think I would learn.

15.30    Myra phoned to remind me that there’s a film  being shown in the ‘Ferry Hall’  at 16.00 so I’ll make myself ready for that:  though I’m not really ‘in the mood’... I’ll probably fall asleep.    I’ll have a cuppa then make my mind up.   I’ve been having ‘50’on top of my bed.


19.30    I didn’t go to the film,  though I would have enjoyed it.... having ‘Googled’ it and seeing that it got good revues.   Jim and Myra were going and I wouldn’t have been on my own;  but I felt groggy.

The weather for tomorrow is ‘more of the same’ though perhaps cloudier.     I’m taking
Cheese scones.
Myra and Jim to Markinch Station in the morning:  so nae sleeping in tomorrow.     Their train isn’t until 11.someting.    Actually I’d better get that time a bit mair accurate, so that I know when to pick them up.   Oh .... and I must empty the car boot.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....