Peaceful morning ....


16th November 2018 (Friday) .... 09.00    It’s a nice, peaceful kind of
Sunrise at Elie Lighthouse.
morning.... the sky is overcast just now, but sunny spells are forecast for mid morning.
   I went down to the harbour for a change of scene, not expecting so see the sun rise for low cloud, but I got lucky.   The harbour area was quiet.... only Primrose, her dog..... and me.  



15.30    So far I’ve had a canny day.    I enjoyed ‘morning coffee’  in Harbour House.... then went down to the harbour again.     On my way back from the harbour I saw Jock washing windows so I decided to do the ‘Ivy Cottage’ ones.    I started on the kitchen ones... they’ve got 12 wee panes and take a lot of cleaning, because I do both sides of the glass.;  and I do it the old fashioned way .... with Glass Cleaner etc.  

Elie this morning.
Oh ... I must tell you.    I was browsing the RCHAMS (Canmore) website and found a photo of Ivy Cottage taken by a Canmore photographer in what I imagine must have been 1974.    It shows the cottage before we renovated it....   and it looks dilapidated.    Our Vauxhall Viva is in the photo;  the Viva was the worst car we ever had;  it looks even more dilapidated than the house.     I wonder if I can buy a copy of the photo?

20.00    The Brexit saga continues unabated:  Theresa (Bless her cotton socks) seems to be some kind of control freak.... it’s her way or no way.   The word “dictator” springs to mind..... that said she is an impressive lady.    I know that politicians repeat
Earlsferry High Street - 1960.
something often enough so they believe it, and expect us to also believe it;  but I’m getting fed up of hearing the words “national” and “interest” ....    it’s becoming awfie boring.    It’s a bit like “incredible” and “job”... two words used, often, by some other politician.... can’t remember his name.


I didn’t get the kitchen windows finished;  the temperature dropped quickly in mid afternoon, so I concentrated on doing the insides.    The forecast is reasonable for tomorrow, though it could be cooler, with fewer sunny spells.   I might get the windows finished.    The political situation will settle down for the weekend so I won’t be hindered by the "News".

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....