Windy and very cold .....


14th February 2018 (Wednesday) ..... St Valentine’s Day;  I’ll begin by sending love and hugs to all my ‘girlfriends’ around the World;   I hope you have a happy and loving St Valentine’s Day.   (((((hugs))))) and xxxx’s.

This mornin g was the coldest I have been on the beach this year;   it was freezin’.  
Sunrise time at Elie.
  
There’s strong wind (F5) from the South, so no shelter from the dunes.    I did go along to the Cockstail rocks and found a nook out of the wind, but the view of the sky was restricted.    I was glad to get back to Ivy and have breakfast.





20.30     It’s been windy and very cold all day, though the sun did eventually breakthrough, in between showers, in mid afternoon.     We’ve had sleet/rain showers.... and one heavy shower of hail;   not a day for being out.   
Thankfully we had the Friendship Lunch to brighten up our day;  with food, chat, tea/coffee and biscuits.     The hall was busier than I thought it might have been:   the
Elie thsi afternoon.
weather being wet and miserable at midday.    However the sun was beginning to break through by the time the was finished.

As is my habit after the Friendship Lunch (and the Drop in Cafe) I went down to the harbour.    This was a bad mistake today as the Toft road at the Ship Inn was choc-a-bloc with cars, and getting down to, and back from, the harbour can be a lottery if you meet something coming the other way.    I met something, both  going to and coming from the harbour.   I should have remembered that this is a holiday week.    In the summer time I bike down to the harbour;  even on the bike it can be hazardous.    
Tomorrow is forecast to be windier, but dry with good spells of sunshine.... and cold. 
Sunset time.
 
Perhaps even feeling colder as the wind is going to be F6 – 7.    I shall batten the Ivy hatches and watch the Olympics.    At least my cough has cleared away with me staying in and warm.    Having said that .... I did have two trips to the beach today, and it felt cold;   even wrapped up as I was.

I see the ‘BT hub flashing .... presumably caused by a weather problem.    I may not be able to update the Hutte if it doesn’t  reset itself.    It has reset so I’ll go and try to update now.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....