Another mass shooting in USA .....


15th February 2018 (Thursday) .... 08.30     Wellll .... it’s windy and cold, and I got caught in a rain shower on the way down to the beach, so... although
Main Street, Kinneuchar.
bonnie enough,....  with mostly blue sky now....  it’s a typical, late winter morning.    I might go out later in the morning, because it looks like the showers have died away, and I fancy a bit of exercise.     We have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon;  that’s always a pleasant couple of hours chatting.    At this moment  I need a drop of caffeine.... slight ‘flap on’.


18.00    It’s been a quiet kind o’ day for ‘the Boy’.    In fact I’m glad we had the ‘Drop in Cafe’ to brighten the afternoon up, with loads of chat.... some of it quite ‘deep’, and all of it interesting.

In the mornin go I decided to go to Leven;   I fancied a some shopping, ... and a cuppa in Sainsbury’s.     The shopping went perfectly;   I was half way between Leven and Lundin Links when I remembered the cuppa.    This must have been my lucky day, as, when unloading the car, Jim and Myra passed on their way to Harbour House, so I popped along and had a cuppa there.    Harbour House was busy;  the ‘Girls’ were in
Main Street, Kinneuchar.
for their morning cuppa.... there was much happiness all around.
I bought a frozen Fish Supper when in Leven;   normally I only have fish suppers from a fish n’ chip shop.    The one I’ve bought, (which is in the oven) is cod .... I prefer haddock .... however the picture on the front of the packet made it look irresistible.

19.30     The ‘fish supper’ was Okay .... it was food;   but I won’t buy another frozen one....  the picture on the box might have been tastier;   it certainly looked it.    That’s marketing.

Our weather is forecast to be ‘windy with sunny spells’ .... and warmer.    I hope we have a good Spring and Summer this year;   I fancy a good spell of warm, sunny weather.    I’m having a quiet day tomorrow:   if I do go anywhere it will be inland,
Kinneuchar 'pub';   'Closed' for renovation.
away from the wind.

The news is grim from the USA tonight .... another mass shooting at a school.     Apparently it’s all to do with mentality ..... nothing to do with the mass availability of guns:  though it  is most likely an even mix,  of both mentality and the availability of weapons.    Sadly, from where I’m sitting, the USA appears to be  lacking in leadership just now....    and it’s going to take real leadership to make an attempt to sort it all out.    My thoughts are with all the families who have lost, or had loved ones injured in this latest massacre.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....