Dour kind o' mornin' ...


17th February 2018 (Saturday) ..... 08.00      The sky is overcast, and we have had a few spits and spots o’ rain, so I haven’t been out, for my  breath of lovely
Sunset time at Earlsferry.
Earlsferry air, on the beach this morning.    The sky should start to break by mid-morning;  giving us a sunny afternoon.     I’m a bit stiff after re-felting the shed roof yesterday, but I’ll walk that off in the afternoon.


20.00     ‘The Boy’ has had a frustrating day.    I took the car to Leven to have it valeted thinking I’d be back in the ‘Royal Burgh’ in time to go to the Coffee morning.    I wasn’t .... back in time for the ‘CM’;    I didn’t get home until 12.05.    However the car is clean... having it done professionally is a ‘one off’ job, and I must say it is looking braw inside.;  so I’m happy in that respect.    I’m not happy that I missed the ‘CM’ (Coffee Morning).


Elie beach.
When waiting for the car I went to Sainsbury’s for ‘breakfast’ and, lo and behold I met David (Stevens)....   and Fiona (Thompson) in Sainsbury’s;  they were having a cuppa while waiting for their cars having minor repairs done in the garage across the road.     So the time passed quickly as I caught up with the Elie Estate, and Elie, ‘news’.    I was back in time to see Lizzie Yarnold win Gold, and Laura Deas Bronze  in the skeleton:  so it hasn’t been a totally horrid day.    The only bad thing about today was missing the Coffee Morning in the Town Hall.

My knees have been sair today;   climbing the ladder to re-felt the shed roof has agitated them just a little.    Depending on the weather tomorrow, I might go for a walk over to West Bay to slacken them orf.... or, if I’m feeling really good, I might polish the
Evening walk.
car.    There is polish in the ‘stuff’ when it goes through the car wash .... but I’m thinking of polishing by hand. 

I had a bumble down to the beach at sunset time .... and was pleasantly surprised to find the beach busy.    Unfortunately the tide was ‘in’ so nae wet sand... or at least not much wet sand, to give reflections.   There was a brisk breeze, which ruffled the sea.... so no reflections there either.

Tomorrow’s weather looks like being cold with sunny spells in the early morning then cloud starting to move in later.    I must finish orf nailing the shed felt .... I bought nails in B n’ Q’s today.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....