"JB's" (sometimes "Gromit") birthday .....


24th February (John’s Birthday ... aka Saturday)  .....    Happy Birthday ‘JB’ ....enjoy ‘your’ day.   How old? .... oh my word .... no that can't be right!   21? 
Fudge Doughnut factory.

08.00    We have another bonnie morning;   there’s a touch of frost, but the wind is light so it didn’t feel that cold on the beach ..... not as cold as it has been for the past couple of mornings.     It looks like being a bonnie day ....and it could be warm .... sheltered
from the breeze.        My mission is to make a start on the front door lock;   yes .... I will begin with a mug of Hutte coffee to get the brain in gear!


Beautiful 'sunrise time' sky.
16.00     The door lock has been changed .... and is nearly functioning perfectly:   I’ll do some fine tuning tomorrow.     Right now I must clear some of the tools off the kitchen worktop;  you’d think I’d been building a battle cruiser by the amount of tools lying around.     The only tool required now is the fine tuning one;  a hammer.    It wasn’t as awkward a job as I’d imagined, but I did spend a lot of time walking to and from the tool shed.    My wee legs are tired, so I’ll sleep well tonight;   I don’t think I’ve felt so tired in a long time:  growing old is the easy part ..... coming to terms with the limitations that comes with it is the hard bit.    I did take time out to watch the curling; 
which Japan won, (the Bronze Medal),  in a close match.    Now .... I'm going to relax and watch the rugby.


20.00     Welll ..... that I did enjoy;  the rugby i.e..    Scotland played like they meant to win .... and they did.... and won well;  25 - 13.    I may be a tired ‘boy’ tonight, but I’m a ‘happy tired boy’.    
Tomorrow I must finish the front door;  the wind is from the south east which means that the door is sheltered:  if the wind backs to the East or Northeast that changes.    There’s nae curling, nor rugby, ‘on’ tomorrow, so nothing to divert me;   well .... nothing that I know of as yet.
The 'Oak Hoose' ....  only the landscaping to finish.




There are weather warnings out for Fife, for Tuesday and Wednesday;  snow showers with the chance of longer spells of snow.    Snow on The Royal Burrow? ..... no, it wouldn’t dare!    Anyway it looks like being cold and wintry next week..... hence the need for me to finish the front door ..... tomorrow!    There will be no dilly dallying!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....