Windy and cold .... and not just in Korea!


12th February 2018 (Monday) ....  09.00     We have a bonnie morning;   but, frosty and windy.... so feeling very cold:  as I found out when down on the beach
Elie bay.
to catch the sunrise (07.46).  
 This will be another day of staying in and warm , watching the Olympics, though I might bake a round of scones;  that’s always a warm job.    Eating freshly made scones, especially on a cold day, is very agreeable.




20.00     I’m thinking that I may be watching too much of the Olympics:   on the way down to the beach in the afternoon I was looking for a frozen puddle so that I could have a go at doing a Triple Salchow.    Luckily I didn’t find one:   a frozen puddle i.e.
We’ve had a cold day;  the fact that there’s been a brisk wind brought the temperature down by a good few degrees.      I ventured out a couple of times;   to the beach in the morning, and late afternoon.    Both times there were folk on the beach;  like me they
Kinneuchar.
were well wrapped up.

Later in the morning I took the car for a wee run down to the harbour:  not the best of places to go on a cold and windy day.    The harbour area was not bust;  in fact I was the only one there.    From the harbour I went to Kinneuchar via the Balbuthie Loan road..... stopping once, to take the photograph of Kinneuchar that I have on the Hutte today.

Back at Ivy I fired up the television and settled down to watch the Olympics; snowboarding, moguls, ski jumping, curling.... oh and the figure, and freestyle skating.    No wonder I’ve been feeling cold all day .... even with the heating ‘on’.    Here is a bit of useless.... er useful information;   The Salchow jump was invented by Ulrich Salchow (Swedish skater) in 1909.   I have loads of other er ... information re
Evening sunlight on Williamsburgh.
the Winter Olympics.    For instance;  the Lutz jump is named after its inventor, Alois Lutz, an Austrian skater,  who first executed it in 1913.

I don’t want to alarm you all but the weather forecast for our ‘neck of the wood’ tomorrow is not good .... cold with a band of rain passing over us, sometime around the middle of the day.    This means I’ll be watching more Winter Olympics!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....