Dusting of snow .....


27th February 2018 (Tuesday) .... 08.30    Would you believe it .... we’ve had a sprinkling of snow on the ‘Royal Burrow Burgh’.    This was not on the ‘plan’.  
Elie beach.
 
The Southeast of England, including Sunny Sussex, has a had a real dose of white stuff,.... as was forecast:  we might waken up to more tomorrow.     Oh .... and it is bitterly cold on the beach;  but the clouds are stunning.    Well .... they were at sunrise time.    I’m wondering if it’s too cold for the bike .... I might go somewhere in the car later... this might be a good day for cloud photos.    Crail is coming to mind.


  19.30    Ivy hatches are well battened down tonight;  it’s cold, and it has been snowing on and orf all afternoon:  we could wake up to a white ‘Royal Burrow’   tomorrow morning.    The good news is that the temperature is not forecast to rise above freezing tomorrow.... and there’s to be a brisk East wind so much wind chill.    I
Snow shower over Pittenweem.
might not un-batten the hatches!



I did bumble along to Pittenweem and Crail today.    It was windy on top of the West Braes (Pittenweem) so there I did not linger.    In Crail I ‘moor’ the car near the top of the Hen’s Ladder, and go down to the harbour that way.    There are a couple of seats at the top of the ‘ladder’ (it’s a path down to the harbour) and I found it nice, and relaxing, sitting in the warm sunshine .... sheltered from the brisk, and very cold, wind.      It’s much the same down at the harbour in Crail, because there are cosy corners, out of the wind.      I bumbled around the harbour for nearly an hour.    The ‘plan’ was to have coffee in the wee coffee shop near the harbour but it was ‘Closed’.... as was the one up in the High street.    I came
Hardy lady fishing off Crail harbour pier.
home to Ivy, via ‘the back roads’ and made a mug of Hutte - Gold Blend!

I’ve taken a large number of photographs today;  this gives me a good stock to ‘play’ with, should the weather turn inclement.     The next two days have amber warnings for snow and ice:  taking the wind-chill factor into account it is forecast to ‘feel like’ -8c tomorrow and Thursday, according to the latest forecast.    Of course this will not apply to the ‘Royal Burgh Burrow’.

No ‘plan’ for tomorrow, but there is the ‘Lite Lunch’ in Colinsburgh at 12.30 .... assuming the weather is not too ‘orrid.    I’ll make my mind up about that nearer lunch time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....