Garage ....

5th February 2018 (Monday)  ....

"Push" will get you, almost anywhere - except through a door marked "Pull".

I did the Chapel Green walk this morning .... picking up instructions from ‘The Boss’
Elie Bay.
on the way.     It's not the bonniest of mornings, being that we have an overcast sky, with occasional spits and spots o’ rain;   there’s a cool, light breeze, from the West
..... but it’s a nice enough morning, for going getting things done inside.    I’m going to Leven shortly;    this mission  (to the garage) will take up most of my morning.... but  will include shopping, and  a cuppa in Sainsbury’s.

19.30     The car has been checked, and the emissions perfect, so the indicator has been reset.     The mechanic did explain what might have caused it to come on.    I have to take it back if it happens again, but he didn’t think that was likely.   

Chapel Green houses in early morning sunlight.
From the garage I went to B n’ Q’s and bought roofing felt, and adhesive;   I’ll sort the shed roof on the first reasonable day:  that probably won’t be tomorrow, because the weather forecast is not good for tomorrow.    I also did  the small shopping in Sainsbury’s, but didn’t bother with the Cafe, as I’d had a coffee at the garage.
The early part of the morning was the best part of the whole day as far as the weather went:   since then it has been overcast and raw cold.... a potentially SAD day!     However there’s always something that comes along to brighten things up;   today it was a Bullfinch (pyrrhula pyrrhula) at the bird feeder.   Oh ... and ‘Blob’ has turned up
HMS Cattistock.... off Elie this afternoon.
.... I thought he’d appear as soon as there was food ‘on the table’.    I have seen a Bullfinch at the feeder before;   their bright colours can’t be missed!   

Later in the afternoon I went down to the harbour in the car (this car knows its way to the harbour on its own) ..... but it was bitterly cold, so I didn’t hang around.    I took a photo (a few in fact) of the minesweeper, HMS Cattistock, that’s bumbling around  off Elie just now;   it must be on exercise.     Jings even the photograph I got looks cold!

The weather will dictate what I do tomorrow:   there is snow mentioned in the weather forecast, but it wouldn’t dare fall on ‘The Royal Burgh’.    Would it?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....