Bright and breezy .... so is the weather


25th February 2018 (Sunday) ..... 08.00    There’s a brisk Southeast wind this morning, but, although around F3-4, it doesn’t feel as cold as it did
The Deil's Lodge - Balcarres.
yesterday;  probably because there isn’t a frost this morning.    I didn’t linger on the beach;   I am keen to get the front door finished before the wind changes direction!    It’s a nice morning, albeit breezy.    Must go .... medium flap on:  working ‘stuff’ to get done this bonnie morning.


10.45      Who's been a busy boy then?     The door lock working perfectly, with everything tidied up.... and the floors washed.   I thought I might as well do the floors as it is a good drying day, and the weather, for the next few days, is not forecast to be of the floor washing kind.     As soon as the floors are dry, I’ll batten the hatches.... and have a celebratory cup of Hutte Finest;  and a chocolate biscuit.    I might even go for a run in the car in the afternoon:  I'm thinking Balcarres Estate.

The Den Burn - Balcarres.
20.00     My word ....  it was a good move doing  the door lock first thing .... the temperature dropped markedly after lunch.    I went for a run in the car in the afternoon, thinking of going to Cellardyke harbour at first, but, because of the cold wind, changed direction and went up to the Deil’s Lodge for a walk down Balcarres Den.   Even there it was raw cold so I cut short my planned walk (I’d intended doing the ‘circle’ via the pond)..... came back to Ivy, had a hot cuppa.... and a chocolate biscuit.


Earlier, in the morning after I’d finished the front door lock etc, I sat down with a cuppa to watch the Winter Olympics closing ceremony:  but fell asleep just after the speeches began.    I don’t suppose I missed much.    With the deteriorating weather forecast, (for most of next week), I’m wondering what I’ll have to watch on the tele,
Glover's Wynd - Earlsferry.
now that the Olympics has finished.  
      
 Tomorrow I must remember to make an appointment to have a blood test;   I have an appointment at St Andrews on the 13th March,  that requires me to have the blood test.    Other than that I don’t have a ‘plan’.    The weather is supposed to be cold but dry tomorrow, with an increasing chance of snow showers from evening time onwards.    I might get the bike out .... if it isn’t too windy, and cold.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....