"Red sky in the morning" etc ....


23rd February 2018 (Friday) ....   08.00    Welllll .... it was very cold on the beach this morning at sunrise time .... there’s a raw feel to the air, and a wind from
Sunrise ... and it was cold on the beach!
the Southeast adding wind chill, so it feels, and is, cauld.   The bike is unlikely to be out today!
 We had a ‘red sky in the morning, shepherd’s/sailor’s warning’ sky, and a bonnie sunrise (07.20).    I thought I might get the complete sun as it came ‘up’, but the top of it began to disappear behind low clouds before the bottom came over the horizon;   it was bonnie nevertheless.   

20.00    With the wind being from the Easterly direction it has been cold all day .... especially when exposed to the wind.     Not that I was out in the wind much .... I didn’t go biking.    I did go up to the Harbour House for morning coffee with Jim, Myra and
10 minutes after sunrise.
Geoff;   Harbour House was busy. 

After the morning coffee, I decided to go to Leven and get some shopping;   and to browse external door locks in B n’ Q’s....  the front door lock is beginning to give trouble.    When I got back to Ivy the lock had seized up.... none of the front door key could lock the door.     I had a quick lunch, dismantled the lock, and went along to B n’ Q’s again and bought a lock that looked nigh on identical.    Of course a new lock is never exactly the same as the old one, but the new one does fit into the old holes etc.      The ‘plan’ for tomorrow? .... to fit the new lock.    That will probably take me all morning.

I’m glad that I went to harbour House in the morning;  my afternoon has been spent,
Elie Kirk.
going to Leven (twice), and pottering about with the front door:  although I enjoyed the trips to Leven, and bumbling around the shop(s), it’s not the same kind of enjoyment as having coffee Harbour House.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is for it to be cold but dry.... though snow showers have been mentioned for places further North .... and at a higher altitude.    I might go out on the bike in the afternoon .... it all depends on how I get on with the ‘work’;   and how cold it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....