Hard frost ...


22nd February 2018 (Thursday) .... 08.30     We have another lovely morning, but there is a hard frost, so it is cold;   it might be too cold for me going out
Lovely, frosty morning.
on the bike..... I’ll see how the temperature is in an hour.     There is only a smirr o’ wind, but it’s from the easterly direction, so that isn’t going to boost the temperature.    In other words .... apart from the temperature being on the low side, it’s gorgeous morning!    I’ll have a cuppa then get the bike out.





20.00    Jenny phoned this morning to say that she was going back to Sussex tomorrow, did I fancy going up to the ‘Fudge Doughnut’ factory in Cupar?    ‘JB’ is suffering from a serious lack of Fudge Doughnuts (hereafter FD’s).... and Jenny was in a position to remedy this.     Jenny was within range of the FD factory.    It took less than a nano second for me to say “yes” .... I did fancy a trip to the FD factory.    It was a
Ivy Crocuses
bonnie morning for a run to Cupar.  

While Jenny stocked up with the vital ingredients, I organised the coffee and scones that we would have in the Cafe.     Oh .... the Cafe had a  two tables of potential ‘girlfriends’ ....  my word they were a happy bunch of girls.   Jenny dropped me back at Ivy then bumbled her way back to Dalgety Bay:  she is driving back to Sussex tomorrow morning, and had things to do this afternoon, so couldn’t hang around Ivy.

In the afternoon I biked along to the ‘Drop in Cafe’;  it was quiet, probably because it was cold out.... but the ‘Cafe’ was soon buzzing with happy chatter.    By the time we left the Cafe, near enough ‘closing time, the weather had turned really raw cold ;   so cold that I decided to skip going through the Estate, choosing instead to go home via
Elie Bay this afternoon.
The Terrace, and Elie High Street.    Luckily I’d left the heating ‘on’ in Ivy .... so the bike was put back into the hut, Ivy was battened down, the heating turned up, and  I had a cuppa before making ‘dinner’.

Frost is forecast for tonight/tomorrow morning, and it isn’t going to be ‘iggzactly’ warm tomorrow.    It depends on how cold ‘warm’ is before I get the bike out in the morning.    I might take the car up for the paper.    I’ll be tucked into bed early tonight... the best place to be on a cold night.    Having said that I’ll have a look and see what’s on the tele;   usually I watch Taggart, but the last three (Taggart’s) have been ones that I watched recently.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....