Dull, wet, and cold .... the weather i.e. .... not 'me'.

3rd February 2018 (Saturday)..... 09.30     Mmmmm .... we have a dreich morning;   wet and cold, but, thankfully, not very windy.    It’s a grand morning for
Elie - late afternoon.
doing the ironing:  in fact, I should have that, the ironing, done before Jim and I leave for Kirkcaldy at 11.45.    

I’m feeling ‘nae bad’ this morning ... after a sound night’s sleep:  on the ‘Frolicsome Scale’ (between 1 – 10) I’d say I was 7!    Must go ‘slight flap on’ .... I’m going to plug in the iron, and switch on the kettle. 

20.30    The trip to Kirkcaldy went as per plan, and we (Jim and me) were back home in time to see Wales playing Scotland  in the opening game of the ‘Six nations’.    Scotland showed promise in the first few minutes of the game, and that was it.    Wales won 34 – 7.    Scotland seemed to switch orf after that first few minutes.... and the first Welsh try.    Never mind .... we’ll be better against France.

The weather has been wet and dull for most of Sunday... though the rain eventually faded away in mid afternoon.     I went down to the beach about sunset time, and found a few people walking the beach, on what was a nice enough, albeit dull,  evening.    Tomorrow is going to be brighter.... with sunny spells .... but cold.   According to the Fife Weather forecast there’s a chance of snow showers on Tuesday;   not on ‘The
Late afternoon walkers on Elie beach.
Royal Burgh’ of course! 

Jenny, Adelaide and Ivan, are coming along, from Dalgety Bay, tomorrow;  we’re going  out for lunch.     I’m looking forward to that;   food, and a good blether.    Just what I need.


There’s not much more to report:  I’m still hampered with this cold .... however, a mug of Horlicks, and another early night should increase the see the frisky readings go off the scale.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....