Cold ... but a bonnie drying day.

1st February 2018 (Thursday) .... 10.00      “Good Morning everyone”.     I eventually woke up, having overslept, to find that we have  a beautiful drying day so
The 'Royal Burgh' High Street this afternoon.
I thought I’d get my holiday washing done:   I then remembered that it (the washing) is travelling, between Uckfield and Ivy, in a Post Office van, and shouldn’t be delivered until Friday.      However I have the washing machine chugging away with all the washing that I had in the case etc.

I’ll have to do a shopping this morning, or later in the afternoon:   we have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.   Brian is coming to take me up to Arncroach to pick up the car at 10.00 so I’d better get a move on...... I’ll go down to the beach when I get back from ‘The Croach’.     Imagine me sleeping in and missing the sunrise from the beach!    Naughty boy.

Elie beach.
22.00     I’ve had a busy, and interesting, day, which ended about half an hour ago when I got back from the ‘Woman’s Group’:   Olive and Ken’s daughter (should have asked her name) was giving a talk on ‘Summer on South Georgia’ where she spent the season as curator of the Museum on the island.    It was a fascinating talk.... I found every minute of the talk interesting.    That’s how talks should be;   a fact I must remember when I do my talk in October.   Honor was at the Woman’s Group tonight, and, when I asked Honor where Jock was she said;   “he was doing his knitting!”    I imagine Jock will be knitting Honor a Fair Isle!

I have the car back ‘on station’.... and have done a big shopping;  restocking the
Largo Law from Elie Harbour.
freezer etc.....  so I am back on ‘full rations’ again. 
 
Last night I fell asleep at 22.30 .... and didn’t wake up until 08.15... nine and three quarter hours, that’s a lot of sleeping.    Tonight I hope to do the same;  if I do I should be back to normal tomorrow.

The two boxes that we (‘JB’ and me) posted on Tuesday afternoon, arrived at Ivy this afternoon .... almost, exactly, 48 hours after posting.    I’m impressed by Parcel Force.... ‘Twiss’, the lassie in Uckfield Post Office said 48 hours, and 48 hours it was!   


Tomorrow is going to be a good ‘drying day’.... according to the forecasters!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....