Feeling creative ....


26th February 2018 (Monday) .... 08.30    This morning we have grey and damp, with a raw wind off the East.    This is the week that has a been forecast to
 Earlsferry, from The Toft, Elie,...  this morning.
bring a return to winter weather all down the east coast of Britain, with snow showers becoming frequent by the middle of the week.     Wednesday is the start of the worst of bad weather for the East Neuk (Crail).      The East of England, and sunny Sussex, look like having the worst of it, beginning today.      That’s the weather sorted.     I didn’t go down to the beach this morning  .... it was spitting rain at that time;   but I have warmed the car up.

   
21.00    I must have been busy today;   I’ve forgotten all that I’ve done.    Oh .... in the morning I went to the Surgery and made my ‘blood-test’ appointment.    From there I went out to the Woodhaven car park, then down to the harbour .... I was in the car .... to take some photos.    My word .... it was bitterly cold in the frisky easterly wind.     I was well glad to get back to Ivy, to have Hutte Finest coffee, and  ‘play’ with the photographs I’d taken.    I also made sure that the bird feeders were full, and that Blob, and ‘’Blobbette’ (yes ... he’s paired up) were fed at regular intervals.


Elie harbour beach.
We have had a few snow flurries today ... even on (but not ‘in’) the ‘Royal Burrow’.... and it has been really cold, with considerable wind chill.    That said, the wind dropped in the evening time, and I found it quite pleasurable walking up to a meeting at Pat’s.    It is frosty but without the wind, the cold is.... welll ... comfortable.
After lunch, I was shocked to discover that the Emergency Ration tin was nearly empty.   This I remedied by going to Leven, Lidl’s and Sainsbury’s to get the vital ingredients to refill it;  chocolate biscuits.    One ... er Puku will need  his chocolate biscuits,  on the cold, wintry days that are to come.    I am ready for anything that the East wind will bring, having bought a good supply of Emergency Rations .... and some real food.

Sunset time on the beach was gorgeous this evening;  the tide was out, the sand wet, so
Sunset time.
I had reflections.    The actual sun was setting behind clouds, but I was more interested in the sky to the east;  it was bonnie.    Funny... even though it was windy, it didn’t seem to be as a cold as it had been earlier .... something  to do with my being absorbed with the scene, and the camera I’m thinking!

No ‘plan’ for tomorrow,... apart from taking the car along to Elie to get the paper.    Whether I take the bike out is very weather dependent.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....