Worse hair day ....

17th October 2017 (Tuesday) .... 09.00    Welll .... we have survived the remains of Ophelia;  she is not my kind of ‘girl’.... having got serious wind
Early morning sunlight.
problems!      I don’t think that the wind was quite as severe as was forecast for us in the east;  the West coast would catch the worst of the frisky girl.

It was breezy down on the beach but once I got into the lee of the Cockstail rocks (the tide was out) it was fine.    I caught the sunrise behind the lighthouse, and met Marcia out with the dogs when I was coming off the beach;   so a successful mission.    There are spits and spots of rain blowing in the wind, which is bothersome, but a nice enough morning for being out.... though it is breezy.... F6 – 7 from the West.

Marcia walking the dogs.
22.00     I’ve had a fairly active day... mostly working around Ivy.    I did take Jimmy up to St Andrews for his appointment, and I got three books off the charity shelves in the entrance hall.    We didn’t go for a cuppa in the hospital Cafe.... choosing instead, to have one when we got back to Ivy.  

The wind has moderated, down to F4 – 5, but it is not warm;  having said that, I had a washing on the line, which did dry fairly quickly .... in what could be called “a good drying wind”;  there were clouds bumbling over, and they, at times, looked threatening .... we did in fact get a shower .... five minutes after I’d taken in the washing;   and five minutes after I arrived on the beach for my evening meander.... the  meandering was short, but sweet.

Tuesday evening is when Jim and Jimmy come to Ivy, and the three of us then   sort out
Late afternoon ... and ...  yes ... it was cold.
things, local mostly, .... and usually old;   I should take notes.   

Our weather for tomorrow is forecast to be ... well the wind is going to be easterly, and the sky overcast;  with the chance of light rain now and again.   It will be colder.
I have an appointment at the Vic in Kirkcaldy tomorrow, so that will keep me out of mischief.    I’ll take the car to Leven then the bus to the Vic .... that takes care of the parking (at hospital) problem.


Photographs : Top – first sunlight on beachfront houses, Middle – Marcia walking the dogs, and Bottom – the beach, late in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....