Pittenweem Coffee Morning .....

25th October 2017 (Wednesday) .... 13.00    This ‘Boy’ has had a busy morning... which began with sunrise down on the beach.    Well not actually on the
Five minutes before sunrise.
beach... in the lee of the bents, because there was, still is, a brisk wind blowing.... and it was cold.    Sunrise this morning was at 08.06;    sunrise  time will change after the clocks ‘fall back’ on Sunday morning.... and I’ll have to be up, and out by 06.30.     We had a bonnie, if not spectacular, sunrise today, with quite  few folks walking the beach.


Since then I have been up to Balmonth to meet Sandy and M’s hens... then back to Ivy, to pick up a camera, before going along to Pittenweem, to Elizabeth’s Coffee Morning.    Pittenweem Kirk Hall was full, , but I was able to find a seat beside Jimmy McBain, his sister Linda and wife Anne.  I also met, and spoke to, Isobel Paton, now
Elie Lighthouse.
Marr, from Colinsburgh... who I haven’t seen for years.    I couldn’t stay too long as I am waiting on a delivery;  in point of fact,  I’m waiting on the e-mail that will tell me the hour that the parcel is going to be delivered.


   18.00   The DPD e-mail duly arrived, telling me that the parcel would be delivered between 16.16 ... and 17.56.    The delivery was made at exactly 16.58;  I’m impressed.... in fact very impressed.   All I have to do is find out how to set the printer so that I can print the cards (my Christmas cards) off with my own photos etc. 
This afternoon I went for a walk round the East Links .....i.e. Elie lighthouse and the
Lady's Tower.
Lady’s Tower.    There was a brisk wind blowing so I’ve had my share of fresh air today!     It wasn’t  very busy.

Tonight I have an evening service up at Kinneuchar kirk to celebrate the Link between St Monans Auld Kirk and our kirk, East Neuk Trinity.   The service starts at 07.00 so I am in ‘slight flap on’ mode.   There will be coffee/tea after the Service.

Photographs : Top – five minutes before sunrise, Middle – Elie Lighthouse, and Bottom – The Lady’s Tower.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....