Feeling hungry ....

22nd October 2017 (Sunday) .... 09.00    It’s a beautiful morning... and it looks like being a nice, mostly bright and sunny day, albeit cool in the brisk westerly
Elie Bay - five minutes before sunrise time.
wind.    There were a few dog walkers out  on the beach.... and the Breakwater Coffee buggy was opening... but I didn’t go along as far as the breakwater.... I might have yielded to temptation and had a coffee.    Now that the sun’s up I’m going to go for a daunder.



20.00    I did go for a ‘daunder’... in the afternoon, on Balcarres estate.   Jimmy arrived in the mornin desperate for a cuppa, and a scone;  by the time we’d finished the blathering it was nigh on lunch time.    I decided to have a bit of fruit for lunch, as I was making a beef casserole for dinner.... “Puku” is definitely on a diet!

Balcarres Estate
The reason I ended up on Balcarres was;  the car needed to be topped up with fuel at the BP Garage (Colinsburgh), and, being that Balcarres Crag stands out when I’m browsing as I’m filling the petrol tank.... I bumbled up there.   It was lovely, dare I say it .... romantic even;   being warm in the shelter of the trees.  I even spotted a Red Admiral butterfly feeding on a Hydrangea flower.    I spent about an hour ... falling apart mostly;  and taking a few photographs.

I was downloading the photos when Jimmy arrived;   he wanted to go to Sainsbury’s for a cuppa.... and to buy a cake.    The cake was quickly bought, which left us plenty time to enjoy our cuppa.    Sunday afternoon is the time to go to Sainsbury’s  Cafe .... loads o’ window seats.

While we were in Leven the casserole was cooking nicely, and had ten minutes to go
Part of the Woodland Walk on Balcarres.
when we I got back home.   It was very satisfying at  dinner tonight, and I should get three frozen meals out of the what’s left.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is not overly exciting .... dry at first, then a spell of rain, before ending up with late afternoon sunshine.    I might bake a few more scones when it’s raining:  I inadvertently bought plain Wholemeal flour instead of Self Raising, so I’ll have to use baking powder... apparently Plain Flour with baking powder works best anyway.    I’ll find out tomorrow, if that is the case.


Photographs : Top – Elie bay at sunrise time, Middle and Bottom – Balcarres Estate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....