Crane out .....

14th October 2017 (Saturday) ..... 08.00    It’s one of those mornings that makes me want to do things .... there’s a freshness in the air that’s got me feeling
Sunrise time.
active.   Being active might be harder.   I went down to the beach for sunrise, but I could see that the clouds were too low, along the eastern horizon,  for sunrise to be colourful, but it was a good morning for a stroll along the beach.     I’ll get the bike out and go down to the harbour after breakfast .... although there is a breeze, it’s not too windy this morning. 


   13.00     The boats have been ‘craned out’ .... on what was a perfect morning for craning out boats... there being only a light wind.       By the time I was down there,  at 09.00,  the crane had been busy;    four of the big yachts were ashore.     I took some photos then, saw Jimmy arrive.... but he didn’t bother staying, and went off to do his ‘Chapel Green’ walk.    We arranged to meet at Ivy for a cuppa before going to the ‘Coffee Morning’.      Hmmmmm .... aye .... Jimmy and I went down to the Town Hall at 10.15 to find the doors closed.    How I managed this I do not know;   we were three weeks early!    The Ferry Toon Hall Coffee Morning is on the 4th November!    When I
Crane out.
went to write this on the calendar I found that I’d already done so!  Bein’ me is easy;  getting used to ‘me’ is something else.   This would never have happened when Maggie was alive.    Jimmy and I went to Sainsbury’s Cafe!  


20.30     For some inexplicable reason I am in a ‘working’ mood just now;   so I cleaned the other (there are two) kitchen window, inside and out.... and the living room one.   With 12 small panes, the kitchen windows are  most awkward to clean.   Because I’m using different muscles I slept like a log..... working around the house is good exercise, so the intention is to do more around the house and garden.    Weather permitting I might even paint the front of the house ....  once my muscles feel up for it.

Everyone will be pleased to know that our two tugs, AH Varazze and Atlantic Kestrel
The Toft, Elie.
with Transocean Prospect  in tow, are poodling along in the Aegean Sea at 2.5 knots, and should arrive at Aliaga within the next 48 hours.   Our oil tanker, Olympic Leopard, is too far from land just now, and will be until she is off Cape Town, to use the land based masts .... I should pick her up in a couple of days. 
  

Photographs : Top – Sunrise time ... there is a slight hint of red on the cloud bottoms, Middle – Elie Harbour, and Bottom – The Toft, Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....