Cold wintry feeling wind .....

29th October 2017 (Sunday) .... 07.30     “Red sky at night, shepherd’s delight” ... wellll .... we have a nice bright, breezy and cold, morning (I've been down on the beach);  it looks like being a nice enough day, but there are clouds about, and
Elie Bay at 06.35.
the wind  will take a few degrees off  an already fairly low temperature.    Must go .... got lots to do this morning .... and the ‘girls’ will be waiting.    I should be up there about 08.00.... which will give me loads of time to get back to Ivy, and get ready for the Harvest Service at Colinsburgh.


20.30    This has been a bonnie, busy, and very enjoyable day.    I have been on the go since 05.30 when I got up to shower etc.    I then went down to the beach at 06.30.   The first view of the bay, from the top of the dunes, always takes my breath away.... it doesn’t have to be a spectacular sunrise, it’s the miracle of the changing sky, as the sun comes up from way down below the horizon, that is awesome.

I was up at the ‘girls’ by 07.45.... and... yes ... they were waiting for me.    They were probably waiting for Sandy, but they seem to have accepted, that I bring food with me!    I checked them over, fed them breakfast, checked the water containers, and left them to it.     I was back at Ivy by 08.30;   giving me plenty time to get ready for the Harvest Service.

Jimmy and I were up at Colinsburgh in time to have a relaxing cuppa, which also served as a lubricant for our voice boxes.   With this being Harvest thanksgiving the
This afternoon on the Ferry  beach.
theme of the service was ‘giving to the poor’.... in modern days this is done via the Food Banks which have opened all over the United Kingdom.   To this end we all brought items, tins etc to be donated to the Food Bank at Anstruther.    The Minister pointed out shocking statistics about the folks who have to use the Food Banks, and why they have to use them.    Our politicians will have much to answer for when/if they reach the pearly gates.    We had a buffet type lunch after the service, which was all prepared by the Outreach Committee... of which I am a member;   a rather inactive one I might add.   Now I feel guilty.    Thanks Outreach Committee, you work marvels .... I don’t know how you do it.

Jimmy dropped me off at 12.50, and I was up at the ‘girl’s by 13.00;   yep ... they were waiting for me.   Fed and watered them, picked up another two eggs, and was back at Ivy by 14.15.

Later in the afternoon I went down to the beach;  it was busy, which wasn’t surprising because it was a really bonnie, autumn afternoon.   I took in the scene from ‘Nana’s
The Ferry beach at sunset.
seat’, managed to  take a few photographs, and have a stroll along the beach.   While strolling I met Julia Crombie’s granddaughter, and we chatted about the old villages. 
I could write another couple of pages about this one day, it has been so  fulfilling.... and I feel really contented at the end of it.   However I won’t do that.   Instead I will end by telling you that tomorrow is going to be colder, and cloudier, with the chance of light rain in the afternoon.    It’s a pity about that, .... I was liking this dry spell!


Photographs : Top – My first view of the beach this morning, Middle – the beach this afternoon and Bottom – the beach at sunset.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....