Awesome sunrise .....

15th October 2017 (Sunday) .... 09.00    Oh my word .... we had an absolutely gorgeous sunrise this morning ....  no ... it was in the half hour before
Elie this morning ... 25 minutes before sunrise.
sunrise that the sky looked spectacular;   I just got swallowed up in it, and this is when I feel nearest to God.    I go to the kirk (occasionally) and enjoy the company, and everyone singing, but down on the beach, especially when we have the sun lighting up the sky, as it did this morning ..... that is awesome.   I can well understand why pagans(?) worshipped the sun.    

We have a lovely, bright and breezy’  morning now ... but not cold;  that said the red sky is a sign of ‘naughty’ weather ahead!    The beach was quiet with only myself, and a lady walking her dog, enjoying the early morning spectacle.... no joggers.    The lady is called Monica, her dog ‘Pepper’, and the family are here for the mid-term holiday: what we’d call the ‘Tauttie Holidays’.... when we earned 19/6d, for a week at the tauttie howkin’.    Those were the days.

Fun on the beach.
20.00     The ‘Boy’ (that’s me) has been busy... cleaning windows, and anything with glass in it.     Having done the windows I’m now amazed at the number of folk going up and down Ferry Road;  either the windows were in a serious state of needing cleaning ... or ...there are a lot of holidays maker in the village.  The Hutte windows are next on the list.... but that will be later in the week;   I have a busy schedule for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday.

Jimmy and I went to Leven in the morning;   Jimmy was running out of porridge cartons... and he fancied a cuppa in the Cafe.    We could have gone to the kirk and had coffee/tea there, but, when Jem’s is running out of porridge... ‘flap on’ mode kicks in.   We’ll go up to Kinneuchar next week.

When I’d finished playing with the Glass Cleaner, I had a walk down to the beach... this was about sunset time.      It was great to find the beach busy.... loads of life, albeit
I thought it was cold until I saw this Retriever... retrieving it's ball!
distant, in the photographs.   There was a brisk wind blowing, and, with the sun going behind the clouds it was cold.

I have an early start tomorrow morning;   Jimmy’s car is going in for a service and I have to pick him up, and bring him home, after he drops it into the garage at 08.00.   Calumn is picking me up at 10.30 and we are going to visit Sandy and Eleanor (Craw’s Nest) in Cellardyke, for morning coffee.

Monday’s weather looks like being messy;  windy with rain and squally showers.    Tuesday’s weather is to be even messier!

Photographs : Top – Elie this morning, Middle and Bottom – this is what our beach is all about.... being happy.. and this is one happy dog!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....